6 days post-op and feeling a little yucky!!!!!!!

aspiringmissy
on 7/26/04 5:52 pm - Conyers, GA
For whatever reason, it is 3:36am and I can not get to sleep. My right side seems to be bothering me and I am super uncomfortable in my bed. Stomach seems to not want to settle down. Last thing I had was water. Shoulders hurt and feel just plain ol yucky. But I must say, I have not had any nausea, no throwing up, great bowel movements and so that part has been wonderful. I just do not understand why I feel this way today and I working on my sixth day home.
IrishIze
on 7/26/04 10:28 pm - NJ
I think I felt a little worse before I felt better. I had my surgery a couple of days before you, and I can't say I'm feeling as well as I thought I would be by now. The muscle aches and all I attribute to laying around more, although I do make a point of taking a walk every day and do a couple of sessions of 'mini-marching' in front of the TV to keep things moving. I'm mostly BORED at this point - and waiting for pureed foods! Hang in there, we'll get through this!! Hugs, Nancy
TweedyBird
on 7/26/04 11:12 pm - Somewhere, AR
Hey Stephanie, I have experienced the same thing. I feel really good. No nausea, throwing up, and great bowel movements. However just kinda achy like at night...and cannot get comfortable in the bed. In fact, in the mornings I do not feel all that rested. However, it has gotten better. Especially as I do more physical activity during the day. Mostly walking around the community. Light house keeping (folding clothes is the extent of it). Tonia
Marcy B.
on 7/27/04 1:24 am - West Bloomfield, MI
I am feeling kind of the same way. So far I have had minimal nausea..no throwing up- Ok bowel movements. But since I had the laproscopic procedure I have incredible discomfort from trapped gas I can't seem to release. When I finally do then I feel tons better. As far as sleeping goes I can't sleep on my side yet, and I find it hard to get comfortable in my bed- so I toss and turn all night long. Getting a little bored with the protein supplements and the food plan- but I know I just have to deal with it. I guess we have to remind ourselves that we have all just had surgery and that although it is lifesafing and lifealtering..it is a serious surgery, and its just going to take time to get through this. Marcy
cosette
on 7/27/04 3:24 am - Tujunga, CA
I had my surgery the same day you did, Stephanie. And I've had a drain in since then (it comes out today...hurray!). I've had no nauseau, puking, good bowel movements, etc....but as the nurse told me, bowel movements and passing gass are two separate things. She also said that the gas traps itself in your shoulders and back. I walk on my Gazelle for 32 minutes/2 miles each morning...last night, I slept like a baby. Even turned onto my side (which you can do if you put a soft, cushy blankey to hold you in place sort of). I think you're gonna have to walk, walk, walk...But take heart...lots of people experience their first 6 days post-op with puking and nausea and more yucky stuff. We're pretty lucky!
laura R.
on 7/28/04 5:54 am - bristol, CT
Hi Stephane, I am going for my surgery on th 30th i hope this finds u better, It's dwn to he wire, two days & counting getting excited & nervious too hope all goes well good luck to u. bye laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views