How much weight have you lost?

jenniferwheeler
on 7/26/04 2:51 pm - PA
Hi everyone, I had Lap RNY on 7/7/04 and I know that everyone's weight loss is different but I am just wondering what everyone else's weight lost has been so far. I just want to see if I am on track with everyone else. Thanks, Jen Surgery: 7/7/04 down 27lbs
IrishIze
on 7/26/04 10:24 pm - NJ
I had surgery on the 19th and I'm down 13 lbs. according to my home scale. I think a lot depends on how much you have to lose as well, so I don't know if it's a great idea to compare. Great weight loss so far, Jen!! Hugs, Nancy
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:40 pm - Central, NY
I had my surgery the 19th as well, but my weight loss has not been as good! (I think it's because I am retaining water for my period - second week of it, and that I have not been drinking enough water....ya think?) Pre op 299 Surgery day 280 (-19) Today - 10 days out 273.5 (-25.5) I had hoped it would be faster....maybe next week. Congrats on your awesome weight loss!!!!
TweedyBird
on 7/26/04 10:56 pm - Somewhere, AR
I had surgery on the 14th, down 18lbs
Dawn is D.
on 7/26/04 11:24 pm - Dayton, NJ
Hi Jen- It is funny that you would post this this morning. I weigh myself only once a week and on Monday Mornings, so yesterday was my weigh-in day. We should keep track of each others progress as we had the surgery within one day of each other as I had mine on July 6th. Well, I have lost 29 lbs and I was crying last night to my hubby that maybe I was the one person this surgery is not going to work for. I had very high and unrealistic expectations coming out of surgery. I thought POOF you are skinny. I have to change my thought process. He brought up a very good point. If I continue to lose weight at this rate (9 lbs per week) I would have lost 468 lbs in one year! Now, we know that is not going to happen because I only weighed 292 going into surgery. When he said that it made me realize how silly I was being! I say all of this to make myself feel better! Based on the amount of food I am eating and the exercise routine I'm about to start it will be IMPOSSIBLE not to lose weight. This journey is a marathon, not a sprint! Dawn WLS 7/6/04 292/263/250 (1st goal)
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/04 12:04 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Dawn... Your husband makes a good point...plus you have to remember, if a person goes on a *diet* and does all the exercising in the world...they usually will only lose on average 1-2 pounds per week...if that. So, I'd say we're doing great whether we average .5-1 pound a day or more Don't be discouraged, ever! You're doing great and you're right on track! Keep up the good work Linda
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/04 12:00 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Jennifer... I had my surgery on the 7th also...and am down 26 pounds. Linda
Deejay
on 7/27/04 12:23 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Jennifer! How you doing? I'm down 16lbs from my pre-op weigh in and had surgery 8 days ago. Deejay
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/27/04 2:00 am - MD
Hello .... i had my surgery 8 days ago and im down 18.5 lbs.. Every person is different... all of us seem to on the right track ...Congrats to everyone one
Amy H.
on 7/27/04 3:04 am - Madison, WI
Not sure how this will compare since I was banded and it looks like ya'll are RNY but should still be interesting to see... 33 lbs lost preop 11 lbs lost post (banded 7/14/04) Amy 346/302/160ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views