What can this be?

Marilyne B.
on 7/26/04 12:21 pm - Crowley, TX
I am 2 weeks out of surgery and I have a large red blotch on my left cheek. It was kinda small it the hospital but now it is about the size of a half dollar fire red and it bothers me. It feels like it has fever and looks awful. Anyone had anything like this?
Kristen J.
on 7/26/04 12:25 pm - Warwick, RI
Hi Marilyne, If there is something there that you don't think should be, trust your instincts and call the doctor. If it has heat to it, it is probably some type of infection. Please call you doctor! Kristen J.
Marilyne B.
on 7/26/04 12:28 pm - Crowley, TX
I will just can't imagine an infection on my face. It is almost like when my blood pressure goes up but worse and only on one side
IrishIze
on 7/26/04 10:31 pm - NJ
Marilyne, I would definitely give the doctor a call. It could be a contact rash or it could be a rash from a tick bite. Best to get it looked at and rest your mind. Hugs, Nancy
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:46 pm - Central, NY
I would get it checked out. Could be cellulitis, perhaps a yeast infection, and hopefully not a bacterial infection. Get it checked asap so if it is one of the above, it can get taken care of. I hope it isn't anything, but best call to be sure. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views