When did you first "move bowels"?

Sarah M S.
on 7/26/04 7:18 am - Bay Shore, NY
HI! Sorry to ask such a gross question on my first post out but I'm 6 days post op and haven't gone yet. I'm starting to get nervous. I don't have a follow up with my doctor until Wednesday or I would just ask him. Thank you.
Dj _.
on 7/26/04 7:37 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Mine was on day 9. I don't think it's too abnormal. Doc was just happy it happened when I saw him oh day 11. Deb
IrishIze
on 7/26/04 7:58 am - NJ
I had my surgery on Monday and had a loose movement on Friday morning. Also had one on Saturday morning. Nothing on Sunday, and today a more solid movement. Of course all of these are very small amounts.... Hugs, Nancy
DramaQueenJessica
on 7/26/04 8:13 am - Wayland, MA
I went the first time on the Friday after my surgery, and until yesterday was going every day. I think the cream of mushroom soup cleaned me out tho. =/ Maybe now that the loose stools are over with it will be more, ummm, normal??
lily K.
on 7/26/04 9:28 am - brockton, MA
sarah i had my surgery on tues 7/6/04 and did not go that morning, when i had not gone by saturday i bought some milk of magnesia, that did not work, my sister said prune juice would do it, so sunday night took about 4 oz prune juice with 4 oz water (it tastes gross!) and went monday morning and have had no problems since good luck
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/26/04 10:46 am - MD
had surgery monday and first was today....its normal to take a while
Traci72
on 7/26/04 1:19 pm - Hastings, MN
Had my surgery last Wed and had a small BM on Sunday. I was really suprised, as I was told if it didn't happen in a week or 2, not too big a deal. (as long as I was passing gas) They did instruct me to use Senekot-S if I felt I needed "assistance" or just really wanted to go.
Sarah M S.
on 7/27/04 2:38 am - Bay Shore, NY
Thanks for all the input. I finally did go last night. I guess the 2oz of cream of mushroom did the trick. Now I am not as nervous. Sarah
MarinaS
on 7/27/04 4:46 am - Small Town, WA
My first one week post op. I think it depends on alot of things. Did you dr. have you diet pre op; did you have to clean your bowels out the night before surgery; how much are you eating? Everybody is different. I think the hardest thing to do post op is not to hurry things or expect too much.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views