I'm a STINKER!!!

IrishIze
on 7/25/04 11:49 pm - NJ
I don't know what it is, but since I've had the surgery I stink in every way I possibly can!!! My burps are like rotten eggs, my breath is like a rusty metal bucket, and my BO is like something I've never smelled before??? Yesterday I took two showers, and by last night I stunk again!! Anyone else feelin' kinda stinky??? Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/04 11:58 pm - Somewhere Else
Hiyas Nancy... I haven't noticed a problem like that, other than breath...and no one has pointed it out to me either... If you find you're having a BO problem though, you can always increase your zinc intake...that can help. As for breath and burps, not much you can really do...I know mine has gotten a bit better since my diet has been changing, but who knows what the cause really is. I guess with our bodies going through all this, anything can happen...and if not-so-pleasant breath is a byproduct of the surgery, I'd still be happier as a slim person with bad breath than to be the BBW that I am with rosewater breath, lol. Hopefully it won't last for you..and you know, maybe the BO isn't noticed by anyone but yourself..that happens too.... Take care... Linda
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/26/04 12:56 am - Oxnard, CA
Amen sister!!! We can be the stinky breath club! I havent noticed my breath being bad....hmmm As far as bo, havent noticed that either. Maybe my smeller isnt working!!!! I'm going to ask my husband to smell me tonight. hee hee
Kristen J.
on 7/26/04 3:09 am - Warwick, RI
Hi Nancy, I can't say I am experiencing what you are, however I might be able to offer an explanation. Since prior to and during surgery, you had so many different chemicals in your body between antibiotics, anesthesia, painkillers, and the hydration solutions (not to mention the chemicals in the protein drinks) this may be your body's way of cleansing itself. If it last for more than a few days, I would think you would want to give the doctor's office a call and let them know. This could also be a sign of some sort of infection, or something else gone wrong. Whether its a part of your body's natural process or something else, calling your doctor should be your first step in resolving it. Good luck! Kristen J.
Dj _.
on 7/26/04 3:29 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi Nancy, I think it may have something to do with Ketosis too. I know that ages ago when I gave the Adkins thing a go, same bad breath and funny body odor. I forget the official explanation but something to do with protein and change in diet. My guess is it won't last too long (I hope)! I'm sure the whole surgery experience has something to do with it too...as mentioned in the post before mine. I've also noticed that my sense of smell is much stronger than before, maybe that's why I'm noticing these strange odors on myself. My husband says he can notice my breath, but nothing else. Deb
Traci72
on 7/26/04 4:00 am - Hastings, MN
I'll join you if noone else will. I just noticed this morning as I was getting dressed, that for some strange reason, my deodorant wasn't as *effective* as it usually is. While I'm not burping, for some odd reason, the gas at the other end doesn't smell. (thank goodness) I have noticed my breath though....it isn't too bad, but I can smell it about an hour after I brush my teeth. The 'pits are the worst though!!!! Traci
Great_Sphinx
on 7/26/04 4:42 am - Medina, OH
Oh my! Now that you mention it, I think I have been a bit more stinky too, I just haven't paid much attention to it. If you want to know real stink... just wait until you start real pureed foods. I hate to be gross about it, but when I have gas or a bm... it is FOUL! My mom thinks it's because my body is getting rid of all the toxins that have built up. Maybe there is something to that? Maybe.
Irene S.
on 7/26/04 7:38 am - NJ
Hi Nancy, For some, surgery and anesthesia alter your sense of taste and smell for a long time. You're probably just way more sensitive. irene
Nita A.
on 7/26/04 11:43 am - Fayetteville, NC
Nancy, you stinky girl I have the worst smelling and tasting breath on earth man I could clear the savannah. I brush and brush and yet stinky breath comes back today was the first day I washed I mean really washed and man was I dirty under every roll I saw NEW discoveries!! Nita a proud member of the stinky club!
Rebecca T.
on 7/28/04 12:50 pm - Central, NY
I have noticed that I stink more. I think it's because we're shedding the byproducts of burning fat through our body fluids. I think if we drink more water, it should get better....but, dude, do I STINK!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views