Muscle Spasm??

Katie P.
on 7/25/04 10:19 pm - Orange Park, FL
HI... I am 13 days post-op... There are two things that are bothering me, and I was wondering if that also apply to some of you.. 1. I felt sore or bruise somewhere in my left side of my abdomen.. Once a while when I get up, I felt a pain like if it was a muscle that has been pulled. It goes the same with trying to rolling to side when I want to sleep at that position. Was it a muscle spasm?? 2. I have been sleeping on my back since the surgery day, due to the pain and I am sure you all went through this, too. The big problem, my butt hurts as HELL!!!! It frequently woke me up in the middle of the morning, and I had to get up to walk a bit to sooth my butt before I go back to sleep. I have tried to sleep on my side, but I couldnt do it because of the sore area in my abdomen. Not only sleeping, it goes the same when sitting, too!! It surely drive me nuts!! Anyone of you have experienced this??? Katie~
IrishIze
on 7/25/04 10:51 pm - NJ
Katie, I have been having spasms in muscles I didn't even know I had! I am having more pain with my back and shoulders than I am with my incision and surgery!! I really wish there was some way to relieve it. I walk, stretch (as much as I can) use the heating pad and use the electric massager, but those things just help for a few minutes. Hopefully with time, things will get better. I'm hoping to venture out of the house and take a walk today. Hugs, Nancy
AngelFlyingHappy
on 7/26/04 1:03 am - Oxnard, CA
Katie: YES YES YES. When I was sleeping on my back my butt would ache!!! Finally I took a soft pillow and wedged under my right side and was able to sleep on my side. I do have a pulling sensation on the left side where my drain is. I think its probably just from where they were fishing around.
Marilyne B.
on 7/26/04 12:26 pm - Crowley, TX
Try putting a pillow (rolled up) under your knees when you are on your back. Also if you bend one leg at your knees instead of sleeping with it straight it also takes pressure off your butt.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views