PAIN LEFT SIDE...Help 6 day post-op!!!

NadineM
on 7/25/04 4:20 pm - Vancouver, WA
I know my muscles are spasming but now I feel like I have an orange under my left rib-cage and the pain won't subside. I a 6 days post op...I also know I have alot of gas still, it comes and goes slowly and my stomach has been gurgly and I always seem to burp after drinking. I still have my gallbladdrer and the Dr. said it looked fine. I can't lay down comfortabl without it tugging on my insides...anyone have this????? Help....Thanks Nadine
sammyglo
on 7/25/04 4:31 pm - Hobart, IN
hi Nadine!!! i had surgery on july 19th. i'm not sure if what i am feeling is similar to what you are, but i feel like that too, only it is on my right side. i associate mine with my drain. it felt that way on both sides until they removed my left drain before i left the hospital. now it is only on the right side. do you still have your drain? i also feel the same about not being able to get comfortable at times. i'm sorry that i cant help you out with what it is, but maybe it will be reassuring to you that you are not alone in what you are feeling and going through. i hope this goes away for both of us. take care.....
IrishIze
on 7/25/04 10:32 pm - NJ
Nadine, I am having terrible muscle spasms in my back. Some times I have to get up so quickly from lying down! I have been trying to exercise and walk and stretch, and I even have an electric massager that my friend has been running on my back to break up the muscle knots. As far as the front, I felt last night like I couldn't lie on my left side because something was pulling. I guess it's all part of the healing process. If you're really concerned, call your surgeon. Hugs, Nancy
Keri W.
on 7/26/04 2:06 am - Tucson, AZ
I had my surgery 7/20/04, and I too have pain in my left side. I asked the nurse about it and she said that is where most of the work was done. I hope this helps. Keri
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/26/04 10:00 am - MD
most og my pain is in the left side of my stomack not really on the side completely but to the left...it feels just like ur saying....i guess its all part of heeling
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views