Full liquids - some ideas please?

IrishIze
on 7/25/04 5:35 am - NJ
I'm graduating from clear liquids to full liquids tomorrow (you'd think I had one the lottery, huh? ). Any ideas on what I can have now? I have some Carb Countdown - would this include SF yogurt too? Cream of Wheat? Cream of tomato soup? Hugs, Nancy
Deejay
on 7/25/04 6:34 am - Sparks, NV
Hey Nancy! I didn't have the first week of clear liquids only the first 18hrs. I had creamy tomato soup and SF vanilla pudding in the hospital. But for my first week my surgeon allowed thin cream of wheat or thin oatmeal, cream soups, cottage cheese, creamed refried beans, SF yogurt, protein shakes (its so nice to add a bit of yogurt to my shakes with couple ice cubes in the blender yumm) also jello of course and SF pudding. I've had all I've listed and done fine with them all. I get to start fish, some seafood, chili, moist chicken and ground hamburger tomorrow! woo hoo!!! Its like a mardi gras! I've been craving MEAT so freaking bad! I want to attack the cows in the field. I got out today and dh and I took the kids to Target and went shopping. I had to get out of the house. We shopped for a good hour and I felt great! The kids were acting like the Children of the Corn, but it was fun. Have fun on your new foods tomorrow sweetie! Hugs, Deejay
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/04 9:52 am - Somewhere Else
Hey Nancy.. My second day in the hospital, just before I was released, they put me on the full fluid diet, whi*****luded pureed fruit..they brought me apricot...and yogurt...cream of wheat etc...cottage cheese is yummy! Everyone has to keep in mind that even pureed foods and cream liquids have to be chewed....digestion starts in the mouth...so small amounts and chew it a bit and you're set..less chance of problems... Good luck Linda
Great_Sphinx
on 7/25/04 11:58 am - Medina, OH
Hi Nancy! My full liquid diet consisted of blenderized cream soups, blenderized regular soups, sf frozen fruit bars, sf pudding and jello, sf ice cream (Bryers makes a delicious kind made with Splenda), diluted juices, Protien shakes (Mine were high calorie and high protein... sometimes I had problems getting my 1000-1200 calories in. I will list the recipie below), broth, custard, coffee, and gatorade. My protien shake recipie is as follows (If it makes you nausious, add more H2O and less ice cream. 1 Boost - High Protien 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup vanilla or chocolate ice cream 1 scoop whey protien powder Blend until well mixed. Pour and let sit for a minute and then scoop out the foam (optional). You may have to drink the shake throughout the day. I usually made two throughout the day. Now, I just have one... if I need it. This one shake would give me 38 grams of protien and 490 calories.
Debra O.
on 7/25/04 3:07 pm - Chino, CA
Nancy Be careful with the creamed soups. They will hinder your weight loss. I found a delicious Andersons Split Pea soup. Its already pureed, and has no fat, and no sugar. I'm not allowed any red meat for 6 months, deeJay, your getting it already??? No Fair. ~Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views