numbers

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/04 3:27 am - Somewhere Else
Hiyas gang! Hope everyone is doing well. I had a question and observation.... Knowing that we all will lose weight at different rates since our surgeries...I was wondering if anyone out there finds themselves getting discouraged at all when people post their loss and include weight they lost prior to their surgery, yet state that they've lost the entire amount SINCE their surgery? I'm trying to stick with weighing myself once a week...but only really reporting the weigh-ins from the dr's office. Those are the trusted numbers. I love to hear about how people are doing, and to celebrate their successes along with them...but I find it frustrating when some people are claiming X number of pounds since surgery...but then come to find out that they lost Y amount of that X in the weeks prior to the surgery.... Sorry...it's just a pet peeve I guess...not meant to offend anyone...not at all...just that we're not only looking for weight loss...but surgery successes... Anyhow..I had to vent...sorry if anyone takes this the wrong way...can't see why anyone should though. Take care everyone...and keep the faith...we're all fabulous Linda
Lorna R.
on 7/25/04 3:36 am - Merced, CA
I do think it is important to gauge the surgery sucess rate as different than weight lost right before surgery-but so far in my case on my fluid diet day I lost 5 lbs that day! and post op I gained it back so I am still at the same weight!!! I do think you are very smart for weighing only once a week due to these type fluctations of fluid-I think you will get a more accurate idea of your weight-do you use the same scale and at the same time each week? Well it is about getting better and honesty with ourselves first and then every one else I think is a big part of the process-I can already see my relationship with food and people changing!! Good health and healing to all! Lorna
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/04 9:49 am - Somewhere Else
Exactly Lorna... I myself lost 60 pounds then gained 30 back not long before surgery..but I'm not about to add that 30 to my loss since the surgery and claim it as a direct result OF the surgery. Of course everyone is thrilled about any and all losses of weight, but the point is, we are interested in the surgery results...the successes due TO the surgery... You're right, it has everything to do with being honest with one's self and everyone else....the numbers that matter in this case are the ones since the day of surgery and onward....not saying I lost ** pounds in ** days since surgery....but have included in that total the 10-20-etc...pounds you had lost before it. Glad I'm not the only one who sees a problem with this. And the way some people worry about the speed of their own weightloss...and the fact that it could stop for a bit..or slow down..they could get very discouraged if they see one person claiming to have lost ** amount and they themselves have lost only half that. I'm VERY pleased with my loss and the rate it's coming off. I do weigh myself on the same scale, same time of day, once a week...I mark it on my calendar....but I'm more interested in the dr's numbers...lol..and his are better than mine! Take care... Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views