Post - Op Report

sammyglo
on 7/25/04 8:35 am - Hobart, IN
Hi everyone!!! my surgery was on the 19th also. i feel great. i had it lap. the doctor sent me home on tylenol jr. 4 chewables at a time for pain. i have only taken them once. i find it soooo hard to get all my liquids and protein. i am on clear liquids until tomorrow then i start full liquids. i have been drinking isopure mixed with juice and water. it is ok. if i drink it alone i often gag. my drain sucks!!! it hurts at times. i notice that i get a nasty taste in my mouth often. i am constantly brushing my teeth. i have to have help in the shower because of the drain. my poop stinks really really bad. any one else get that? my sense of smell has improved. my back hurts alot. i am able to sleep on either side with a pillow between me and the bed. i have been remembering my dreams a lot. i hope everyone is doing well. take care!!
lsutiger80
on 7/25/04 3:29 pm - Metairie, LA
I had my DS on 7/7. I was doing great when I first came home from the hospital. Really no pain to speak of with the lap incisions. The problem I am having is esophagial spams (spasms in my esophagus). I had an upper GI series on Friday. Not pleasant. Can't seem to even ge****er down without burning and pain in my throat and chest area. The doctor has put me on Reglan and Levson. This is in addition to the Aciphex and some thing similar to prevacid. I'm just miserable right now. The tiniest sip of water makes me hurt. All I have been able to manage is s/f popsicles and a little bit of water. I try to get some of the protein shakes in but it usually manages to come up on me. I will be calling my doctor again on Monday to see what kind of relief I can get. I'm very worried about dehydration and the lack of protein at this point. Everyone says it will get better. The esophagus is just really tight right now. I hope I don't have to go too much longer like this. The nausea is unrelenting.
IrishIze
on 7/25/04 11:04 pm - NJ
Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all of this! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....please let us know how you are doing, and feel free to email me if you need to vent. Hugs and , Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views