Tired and weary

SpyderS
on 7/24/04 8:59 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi all, I am posting this on the main message board and also on the July 2004 board so the July post-ops can answer too. I had my open RNY on July 14 (10 days), and I feel tired. The days before this were fiine -- just fine. Now I feel very tired. Is this normal? I'm taking my vits and mins, and the doc has me on full liquids (2 oz every 3 hours), and I am trying to get in all my water (I'd say 50 ozs). I just took a nap and feel a little better, but still tired. Spyder 357/329.5/147
Debra O.
on 7/24/04 10:51 am - Chino, CA
Hi Nancy, I had my surgery the same day as you, and today I feel really tired too. I wasnt able to take a nap today because the neighbors were having a huge pool party and alot of screaming children. I think I'm feeling a bit depressed today too. So dont feel alone. This too shall pass I am assuming. I lost 16 lbs really fast like in the first 5 days, and now the scale is standing still too, and im not eating anything sheesh. I hope it moves soon. ~Debra
jcordell
on 7/24/04 1:01 pm - TX
Hi Nancy. Remember, you put your body through an enormous amount of stress, and it takes a long time to recover. The best thing you can do is get a lot of rest. I finally got scolded by my doc for pushing myself too hard. I was running my body down because I was not resting at all during the day, and sleeping very little at night. Once I took his advice and started resting more, I gained energy back a lot quicker. I am 17 days post-op and am down 38 pounds. I feel better each day, though I do still get tired sometimes. I hear it takes 10 weeks before you fully feel like yourself again. Get plenty of rest, hang in there, and you'll do great! Keep smiling and keep the faith!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views