surgery over now to get better

JUNE9K6
on 7/24/04 8:57 am - PAWLING, NY
i had my surgery on july 19 and its now saturday and i am home. i found i am not feeling as well as i thought i would - everyone says i just need to be more patient. I DO FEEL LIKE A BABY THOUGH COMPLAINING - JUST WISHED I FELT MORE LIKE MYSELF. BUT I AM SURE IT WILL HAPPEN SOON......EVERYTHING TIRES ME OUT SO FAST! ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY? OH YES. I SEEM TO CRY A LOT WISH ISNT ME.. WELL I DO HAVE A LOT OF GOOD SUPPORT I JUST NEED TO GOT INTO MY ROUTINE I GUESS. JUNE
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/24/04 9:06 am - MD
hi june i had my surg monday as well and am finding the recovery to be more intense than i expected...i know how you are feeling i feel the same...i suppose we need to hang in there and keep our chins up and soon we will be good as new......have u been able to make a Bowel movement yet?? i have not and its starting to scare me...how long shioudl this take
JUNE9K6
on 7/24/04 11:41 am - PAWLING, NY
jessica, yes i had bm they have been very soft - after my upper gi series i had dirrerha and i think that started things "moving" to speak - dont let it go too long before checking with your doctor. i went out side and walked around just in our front yard - and seem to feel a little more up now. But still am finding it VERY intense. hope it goes well for you - i guess i am just too anxious to get better fast......! june
jcordell
on 7/24/04 1:05 pm - TX
June, Congratulations on making it through your surgery! I am 17 days post op and am down 38 pounds. Every day I feel better than the day before, and I have a lot of energy now (though I can get tired if I over do it). Recovery is hard as hell, I won't lie. After 10 days or so, you'll really start to feel good, and it is all down hill from there! I am now walking at a brisk pace 30 or 40 minutes each night! Hang in there, it does get better! Keep smiling and keep the faith!!!
JUNE9K6
on 7/25/04 1:08 am - PAWLING, NY
thanks for the words of encouragement ! I FEEL A LITTLE BETTER TODAY BUT HAD NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT THIS WAS GOING TO BE - I THOUGHT I KNEW BUT HAD NO IDEA ! JUNE
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views