I LIVED!!!!

michele J.
on 7/23/04 5:26 pm - west palm beach, FL
HI Firecrackers!! I made it guys!!! No real problems with surgery but my knees went out at the hospital so after a couple of cortisone shots and a week in bed I'm up and rolling around again. I want to give a special thanks to Christine C she came to the hospital to see me, so I got an angelafter all!!!Still trying to get this meds, water, food thingy down any suggestions are very welcome!!! (Now do I take the liquids with the water or the pill with the food ) Michele
dana W.
on 7/23/04 9:48 pm - fort worth, tx
wonderful, wonderful i'm so happy for u...glad to know your're on your way to a new and better u. as for your question i have my surgery 7/29/04 so i cant help with the medicine question and water.. but i am curious with liquids u r drinking.. how are they and does it tastes good? r u hungry? have u dump? and if u had to do it all over again r remain as u were what wld u do?
Barbara S.
on 7/23/04 10:35 pm - Muscatine, IA
Michele congrats on being on the losing side I am 2 weeks postop open-roux-y what works for me is I take liguid meds with sip water and crushable meds after I was allowed full liquid in a little sugar free pudding that helped because i know the meds taste yucky! hope this sugestion helps best wishes and a speedy recovery Barb
Lorna R.
on 7/25/04 3:52 am - Merced, CA
Isn't it amazing what we can get through? to take my meds I just try to sip one sip with the pill and if it gets stuck I slowly sip 2-3 more slowly and carefully and so far so good-my pill got stuck once but I did not panic and after a few slow sips it was ok!! Good Luck and have a great recovery!! Lorna
IrishIze
on 7/23/04 10:51 pm - NJ
Michele, glad to hear you are well and I hope you continue to improve! I had some complications with my surgery - BP and racing heart and I'm taking a few extra meds. I checked with the main board and with the doctor and all seemed to agree that the pills can be taken without being crushed (although I do crush the pain pill, it's big and hard). I usually take my pills with my morning instant breakfast. I'm supposed to drink 4 oz of liquid per hour, ideally 48 oz per day, but having difficulty getting all of that in. I'm getting in about 42. Hope all continues to go well for all of us!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views