Hi everyone. I had my su...

Paige F.
on 7/23/04 2:10 pm - Lakewood Ranch, FL
Hi everyone. I had my surgery on 7/16. I am doing pretty good, but still having a log of pain in my lower back and abs. Anyway, for the past 12 hours or so, I have had the strangest taste in my mouth. It is almost like a metallic kind of taste. Even water taste bad. Have any of you had this problem? Thanks!!! Paige
malindagutierrez
on 7/23/04 2:17 pm - Union Mills, NC
I had surgery on July 12th and am doing great no pain, but I do have the metal taste, and my Dr. says that we are in ketosis, and burning fat 24/7 therefor that is normal, keep drinking you do get used to it! How are you doing on the liquids? I am hoping to go on pureed foods next week! I have lost 26 pounds so far and I am feeling great and back to work! I wish you the very best, hang in there it will get better!
Paige F.
on 7/23/04 3:04 pm - Lakewood Ranch, FL
Thanks! I see my Dr. next week and will see what he says about this. I am doing great on the liquids. I am drinking procision protien fruit punch and I love it. I am also trying to drink milk and diluted juice. 26 lbs is great! On my day of surgery I had lost 19 lbs from my first doctor's visit, but I have not been on a scale yet. Have you lost 26 since the 12th? Sounds like you are doing great! Good luck to you!
malindagutierrez
on 7/24/04 3:32 am - Union Mills, NC
Paige, Yes I have lost the 26 since the 12th, I am so blessed! I am fixing some groud hamburger right now and mixed it with spag. sauce and it was great, small tiny bites of course! Keep in touch we are only 4 days apart, and I am from Florida! Born at North Miami General Hospital! Best wishes for continued sucess. Malinda Gutierrez
Barbara S.
on 7/23/04 11:25 pm - Muscatine, IA
Paige congratulations on your surgery I had surgery July 12 and am not experiencing the metallic taste only had it when I was on clear liquids and had to drink propass that was nastey I hav e lost 12 pounds since surgery but down from a 24-26 bpreop to a size 18-20 yesturday best wishes and much sucess on your weightloss journey Barb
Bobbie A.
on 7/24/04 5:39 am - parkville, MD
Hey, I was wonderin, How did u go down that many sizes with 12 pounds???? Are u includeing weight lost before surgery too? Inqiureing minds want to know. Love and mushiness, Bobbie
SpyderS
on 7/24/04 8:55 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Hi Paige, My bad taste was not metallic... rather tasted like motor oil. I don't have a continus bad taste, it is just when I burb sometimes. I had my surgery on Wed. the 14th. I am o n full liquids up from clear liquids. I will go on puereed food next Tuesday and expect my doc will keep me there for 3 weeks or so. I've lost 27.5 so far. Spyder
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views