Home Sweet Home...

NIPPERZIG
on 7/23/04 7:43 am - Vero Beach, FL
Hi everyone, I'm finally feeling up to playing a little on the computer. I ran into a few problems during surgery. It took my surgeon twice as long... I had a lot of scar tissue from my c-section 2 years ago, the oxygen tank FROZE UP (surgeon told us that in all his years of practice, he has never seen this happen), I have a small hernia, & the night of surgery, the nurses were in my room trying to get me up & walking, but I was just sooo dizzy that I told them I was going to fall over if I stood up. Thats when they realized that my body over reacted to the blood thinner & I lost over half my blood. I needed 4 units to get my blood up a little. I never felt so much pain in my life. I am thankful that I did not need a second surgery to repair anything. I came home Monday, but am having a hard time adjusting. I am taking down lots of liquids just fine, but find it VERY hard to get all the vitamins down. If I mix them w/food, I wanna gag. If I swallow them, i'm too full. And when I put them in something to drink I dont seem to get it all down. But have found that that is the best way for me. My skin is sensitive to the bullet holes & I can't wear regular clothes or nightgowns. My cordinator gave me a gown to use at home what a sight that is! The pain isn't as bad now, thank goodness my DH is home w/me all this week & a few days next week to take care of me. Well, energy is low & need to eat. Thanks for listening Take Care, Gina
IrishIze
on 7/23/04 10:11 am - NJ
Oh Gina, I'm sorry you had such a tough time. You really had it rough!! I had some problems too - cardiac and BP, but they were able to help take care of that. I look like a human pin cushion with all of the IV's and lines and monitors...ugh!! I am not taking vitamins yet. I am going to wait a week and give my tummy a chance to heal. I am having the most difficulty with water - it's like drinking stones and it just lies in my stomach. I am drinking Fruit Refreshers (lemonade and Strawberry Kiwi) and it is delicious. I am also supposed to have two carnation Instant Breakfasts per day mixed with water - blech...tastes horrible. The best thing I have had is a SF popsicle...yum!!! Tried SF Jello and it tasted good, but didn't sit well with me. Well, we'll get through this together. Hope you continue to improve, and feel free to email me if you want to compare notes! Hugs, Nancy
insureone
on 7/24/04 12:26 pm - Marion, AL
Gina, glad to hear you are doing well! Sherry
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits