Actigall - are you taking it?

IrishIze
on 7/23/04 2:45 am - NJ
My doctor prescribed Actigall for the prevention of gallstones. They are big capsules - should I open it up and mix with jello? Nancy
KooKooKeri
on 7/23/04 4:30 am - Reseda, CA
hi nancy, check with your doc again. i heard that we shouldnt take the actigall till 30 days post op....at which point, u should be able to swallow it! best of luck ~keri
Dj _.
on 7/23/04 6:10 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi Nancy, I just had my check up with the doctor and asked him the same thing. After surgery he told me if I didn't get to it right away, it was ok. So I didn't...they seem huge!! I did attempt it this morning, and did fine. I could feel it going down, but it didn't get stuck or anything. At the checkup, he told me not to worry about it for another week or so. Check with your doctor, he knows best! Deb
Dianne C.
on 7/23/04 12:38 pm - Abbotsford, WI
I aslo got it to prevent Gallstones had to take it for 6 mo. but never had any problems and im 1 yr. 2 mo. post op good luck and I love all you guys that are going throght this ,DIANNE
kristy D.
on 7/24/04 10:26 am - Farmers, CA
my doc told me to put it in my food but don't start it until i'm off my liquid diet
Adrienne C.
on 7/25/04 11:36 am - Mahwah, NJ
Hi Nancy - I had my surgery last Monday, 7/19 and have been home since Wednesday the 21st. I'm taking Actigall also - yes - giant capsules they are! 2 a day!! I open them up and mix them with sugar free applesauce. I think the consistency is better than jello. Best of luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views