Anyone know about Sugar free chewing gum is ok???

NadineM
on 7/22/04 1:10 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well, I went crazy shopping before surgery bought lowfat yogart, propel water, sf popsickles. Well other then the SF popsickles they all have sugar in them and I am afraid to try them.... Also, since my throat has been dry heaving I am chewing Sugarfree gum...does anyone know if this stuff is ok?? Thanks...Nadine
Irene S.
on 7/22/04 1:18 pm - NJ
It's generally not recommended because it can cause a problem if it's swallowed. Believe it or not, I've seen quite a few posts from people that forgot and swallowed it. irene
Deejay
on 7/22/04 1:32 pm - Sparks, NV
I wonder if thats what I'm feeling is my throat dry heaving. It feels like a hiccup but not quite, but it hurts. What is that from? I was debating on trying the gum myself. I've never swallowed a piece of gum by accident in my life, but I'm sure it would happen now. haha
Irene S.
on 7/23/04 6:37 am - NJ
I know what you mean about swallowing the gum! I would probably do the same thing. I know there are lots of people that have done it, so we'd be in fine company. If you feel dry heaving or anything like that, you should call your doc. They can give you anti nausea meds for that. irene
Carolyn W.
on 7/23/04 7:59 am - DeSoto, TX
Chewing gum also stimulates the appetite.
malindagutierrez
on 7/23/04 1:43 pm - Union Mills, NC
I understand that we should stay away from sugar-free gum and candy especially the suger alcohol. They told me that it could expand your stomach, like carbonated sodas! I am 12 days post-op and drinking alot of water which seems to be doing the best for me! 26 pounds down so far!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views