Need advice...Having a Scope done tomorrow

lsutiger80
on 7/22/04 3:37 am - Metairie, LA
I am 15 days post op and have been having a great deal of difficulty with getting even water down. I have the last 3 days and can only take the tiniest sips of water. I called my surgeon's office today, and they are scheduling me for a scope procedure at 8am tomorrow. Can any one tell me what I might expect from this? I hope it will give me some relief with the chest pains and the difficulty with anything thicker than water. I haven't even been able to swallow the meds at this point. I was okay when I first returned home from the hospital but this past week has really been a problem. I don't I even get in 25-30 oz. of water in a day. Takes forever and hurts a great deal. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
KooKooKeri
on 7/22/04 5:48 pm - Reseda, CA
Hi Rhonda, While ive never had the scope myself, i know lots of people who have. i hear they sedate you - kinda like in a twilight state. they will put a tube down your throat - but - - BREATHE, it's okay, from what i hear you neither feel it or remember it. Thats pretty much it. Best of lluck tomorrow, keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views