Monday July 26th WLS day

Eileen M.
on 7/22/04 2:25 am - Novato, CA
I think it should be a my National Holiday I am very nervous and even more excited I am very concerned about my daughter(Erin 10) She heard the word surgery and totally freaked out I love these kids so much i want to do this for them so we can have a fun life of activities I am not able to do right now I have explained everything to her and I think she understands But one never knows with a 10 year old Life is so looking good for me I am so excited to read everyones letters and I am so happy for each and everyone of you Thank you for taking the time Good luck to all God Bless
leon
on 7/22/04 7:09 am - Rhinelander, WI
Eileen, my date is July 27th.. hope all goes very well for you. I am keeping you in my prayers. I also have children, they are one of the reasons that I have to do this. But as you know, I think they are worried also. Do you know, or have you read the thoughts on having your kids visit you at the hospital? I do not want to scare them, just relieve their fears that Mom is allright. Childs ages 13 and 10. Again, Best of Luck, and may God Bless. T.
Eileen M.
on 7/24/04 9:33 am - Novato, CA
I agree with having the kids come and see me I just figured out that my daughter thought I was going to look like the people on extreme makeover I have set her straight and she feels a little better I will be thinking of you on Tuesday Good luck and speedy recovery Eileen
Jeanette S.
on 7/22/04 11:06 am - Albany, NY
Hi Eileen I know just how you feel. I too am scheduled for surgery on Monday. I will keep you in my prayers for a safe and speedy recovery. Jeanette
Deb E.
on 7/22/04 12:07 pm - CA
Dear Eileen, I am having surgery the same day as you. My sister died two years ago and I am raising her son-he is now 19. He knows I am having surgery but I have not told my daughter who is 26 or my stepdaughter who is 29. They would spend the next few days trying to talk me out of it! I have only told a couple of persons and both of them tried to talk me out of it...at this point, I need persons like my support network online to help me through it and not throw extra hurdles in my path... God bless you and be with you, Eileen...GOOD LUCK TO US BOTH! Deb
china2578
on 7/22/04 2:39 pm - Spring, TX
Eileen, I am also sharing same surgery date with you. Hope everything goes perfect with your surgery and I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck to all of you!! Emma
aechols0516
on 7/23/04 12:31 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Hey Eileen. Monday is the big day for me also. I bet I am the most nervous EVER. I am having gastric band in Chattanooga. It seems you and I have a lot in common. I too have a ten year old except "he" is a he. I also have 1 year old twins. I am doing it for myself and my kids also. I want to have the energy and motivation go enjoy life with them. I can't wait until the day I can take them to Six Flags and actually not have to worry about whether or not I will fit on the ride with him. I am so thankful that this website and you and all the others are here to calm and support me. Thanks for being there.
Eileen M.
on 7/24/04 9:28 am - Novato, CA
I love roller coasters I can't wait to fit in a seat with my kids by my side I have a 12,10 and 9 year old and i do not have my hands full as much as you with the twins Good luck and God Bless you and you family Lets Chat soon after the surgeries How long will you be in the hospital? 3 days for me I hope BE STRONG I WILL BE WITH IN THOUGHT EILEEN
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views