surgery tomorrow

Lisa M.
on 7/21/04 8:31 am - Holbrook, NY
Tomorrow is my big day. I am starving and scared. I really hope i am making the right decision. I love food soo much and the thought of not being able to eat it scares me. I guess that is what put me in this mess to begin with. I guess it is all in the mind. Any thoughts!!! that may make me feel better.
alli E.
on 7/21/04 9:15 am - CA
hang in there! U WILL BE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linda O.
on 7/21/04 11:25 am - Sea Cliff, NY
Lisa I am going through the same feelings as my surgery is on Monday. I have been told by so many that if I didnt feel scared and question my own choices that it would nt be normal. I feel that even though I am scared to death I know in the long run {probably after the first week }I will be sooo thankful that I had the ability to save and change my life. My mom has been overweight her adult life and I cant tell you how much she goes through, knee replacements, diabetes ,neck fusion due to arthritis and I dont want to be her in 30 years. Remember how much better your life will be when you are not ruled by food. We are all in this together and I will pray for you and hope you find comfort in knowing you are not alone. ...Linda
Dorothy W.
on 7/21/04 12:26 pm - goose creek, SC
Lisa you will do fine ! I had my surgery 2 weeks ago today and each day it gets better. missy
Nita A.
on 7/21/04 1:05 pm - Fayetteville, NC
Lisa, May God guide you throught the next portion of your journey. I feel nervous at times and question what am I thinking! We we all be here for each other! Nita
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 7/21/04 11:46 pm - MD
I felt the same way,,,but to be perfectly honest i dont even have the desire for food i have to make myself eat it.... Hang in there the hard part doesnt last long
mary M.
on 7/22/04 4:13 am - anyone, ak
Hi Sweetie! My surgery is comming up on tuesday the 27th . So, I allso have the same thoughts. I had a nrevous breakdown last saturday and balled my eyes out. Now, even though I am nervous I welcome the thought at freedom from the obsession of food. How nice it will be not to be hungry because of our stretched out stomaches. The ability to not have to go hide so we can pig out in peace!! What a lonely, self hateing,out of control, thoughts we would have while we were bingeing!! I guess this nervous feeling is better than those feelings anyday. At least we now have hope and a second chance at life!!!!!! WE will survive!! Look how many people on this site that have allready done it!! Love and mushiness, Bobbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views