Post ops ---sound off!!

Debra O.
on 7/21/04 12:31 pm - Chino, CA
Hi Michelle. Thanks for this really nice post. I am out one week today. I saw the surgeon yesterday, and he removed my staples. It feels so much better. He also added scrambled eggs, soft cheeses, and soft fish to my diet. I've been eating scrambled eggs for every meal...lol it tastes so good. Of course I can only eat about 1/2 an egg at one time. I'm going to try some fish tommorrow. I went to the grocery store today because my hubby and daughter were complaining that there was no food in the house. I said. Hey! i dont need to eat...Why do you???? lol anyways I filled up the refrigerator for them. Should keep them quiet for a while. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Its so great to not be hungry and have the pounds fall off. 16lbs so far for me. I started at 270 and now Im down to 254.
Susalita
on 7/21/04 1:02 pm - Grand Forks, ND
I had surgery on 7/12 and I feel FANTASTIC! I have questioned whether the surgeon actually did the surgery, I have felt so good. I was up and walking in the hospital as well. The lap RNY was easier by far than my lap gall bladder surgery. I have had no trouble eating anything. I don't seem to be hungry at all and have to sit myself down to eat my meals and snacks. I have not regretted my decision to have this surgery once since I started the process, not before, and definately not now. Friends and family have been a wonderful support, and are shocked at how well I'm doing. I think people only remember the horror stories they hear about the surgery so when it goes well they are suprised. Well, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having a smooth time of things. I have weighed myself twice, and yesterday was down 12 lbs. Of course, that was yesterday! It is exciting to be pretty sure that when you step on the scale it will show a loss! I'm going to bask in the glow while things are still going fast and try to remember this time when I hit a plateau. Best of luck to the rest of you post-oppers! God bless us all. Susie C.
Vicki Tobergte
on 7/21/04 1:30 pm - Independence, KY
Hi all I'm 2wks out and doing GREAT my first wk I was on clear fluids and now I'm on puree foods.Never really feel hungry though. Trying hard to get all 64oz of water in that's a little hard, But I'm trying. Starting to walk and to do a little bit more everyday. I have lost 20lbs so far in two weeks,, YEAH I'm so glad everyone is doing well.. yeah for us.. Big hugs, Vicki
MollyESS
on 7/21/04 3:33 pm - Sand Springs, OK
Hi! I am two weeks out now. I was on liquids for two weeks, and am now on soft foods. I walk some every night, but it is so hot in OK that it is hard to do it for too long. I have lost 25 lbs. I was in the hospital for 6 days!! Ick! I am feeling better and better everyday. Went to Wal-Mart and didn't need to sit down at all. LOL! I didn't have staples but the steri-strips were icky. I just got all of the sticky stuff off tonight, and it is still itchy. I am a little disappointed at how much I can eat at a time, like mashed potatoes. And as I have been my whole life, I am still a night snacker. It's driving me crazy!! LOL! All in all, I am looking forward to my new thin life.
ML
on 7/22/04 1:05 pm - MD
I am 10 days post-op and have been doing great so far. Have been trying to do 1/2 hour of walking every day, and am down 15lbs so far!! I am still on my pureed diet, and have been tolerating foods well - until today. I just cannot seem to keep down any food today- everything comes right back up, even stuff I seem to have tolerated before. I am getting really worried - I HATE throwing up!
siennagodiva
on 7/22/04 1:22 pm - BALTIMORE, MD
Has this been all day? Does this include liquids? If it continues, call your Dr. I know that my pouch acts funny sometimes. I will be able to eat something fine without pain, and the next time....ouch! Try to relax and see how you do in the morning...If you are still having problems I would put in a call!
Brandi H.
on 7/22/04 2:01 pm - Sparta, IL
Hi I am 2 wks 1 day post op and doing great! I have not had any problems and my doc took the tape off of my incision today at my appointment. I did not have staples just the tape holding it together! I was so scared it would come apart on me !!! I have lost 20lbs to date and can not wait to go shopping for new clothes! And all of the weight I have lost was in my but and thighs! Wishing all of you luck, Brandi open Rny 7-7-04 start 287 current 267
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views