Post ops ---sound off!!

siennagodiva
on 7/21/04 4:13 am - BALTIMORE, MD
I want to hear how everyone is doing...I am one week out and I am having little to no pain. I have been walking since the surgery, but now I am doing more serious walking for 45 minutes everyday!!! I feel really good. Today I did get a little tired, but nothing a little rest did not cure!! I am still experiencenceing a little head hunger, but I am trying to increase my activity level so I can avoid being infront of the TV when the checkers' comercial comes on. As each day goes by my little pouch is less and less tender when i eat. I can't wait to start solid foods!!! I am trying to stay positive and so far...no regrets!! I hope that other share my opinion, but I am curious how everyone else is in relation to how when they had their surgery. I think it will also give pre-ops and idea of what to expect. Let me hear you!!!! --Michelle F
Dj _.
on 7/21/04 4:16 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Hi Michelle, Glad things are going so well for you!! I had surgery on 7/12. No problems or complications, so far. I was up and walking day of surgery and haven't stopped yet. I was full energy when I came home, but the last 3 days I've tired easily. I am back at work today though and doing fine (desk job). My surgeon has us on soft foods after the first day. At week one, adding fish and chicken and turkey. I've done fine with everything I've tried, but I'm not going crazy with anything. Yogurt feel and SF pudding with protein mixed in feels the best. I just had 3 cracker with tuna for lunch. This chewing 30 times turns food to mush! lol...but I'll take it. The 11 pounds I've lost so far is more than motivating!! Best wishes to you and everyone else! Deb
alli E.
on 7/21/04 4:52 am - CA
I AM DOING GREAT TOO! I have lost 16 lbs and feeling great! i do have some head hunger too! although i am not hungry at all! hmmmmmm! I am just resting and drinking! i cant wait to be skinner! WAHOOOO! NO REGRETS! I sware it feels like a dream like i did not have surgery! i look down and see my staples and oh yea i did have surgery! i get my staples out next week and then purees!!!!!!!! WAHOO! I cant wait for crackers and hummus and mash potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep in touch!
StephanyS
on 7/21/04 5:33 am - Milton, FL
I am a little over a week out (surgery 7/12), and I feel great. My staples itch like crazy, so I won't be sorry to get those out tomorrow. I have no idea how much I've lost since I don't have a scale at home. My doctor requires us to be on protein shakes and sf liquids for the first three weeks, so I am bored out of my mind with the limited choices. I walk a mile everyday which takes about twenty minutes. I'm tired when I get home, but a good tired. I don't really have any pain to speak of and no complaints. I'm looking forward to progressing to pureed foods since these shakes are getting really old. Thanks for a nice thread. Stephany
DEBI
on 7/21/04 5:33 am - Indianapolis, IN
Way to go Michelle...my day is next week on July 28th...can not wait to be a week post-op with the rest of you.!!!! Keep up the good work.
Patsy G.
on 7/21/04 6:55 am - GA
Hi; I'm a week out and have not had any problems. I didn't have staples only tape holding my incisions together. It they don't fall off by Friday, the surgery will pull them off. I felt great from the start. After surgery I got up and started walking right away. I had a little discomfort, but no pain. I didn't fill my pain percription but I did take liquid tyelenol a couple of times to help me sleep. I had to sleep sitting up a couple of nights in a recliner because it was uncomfortable to lay on the bed. I am walking 2-3 times a day and have more energy now then I did before the surgery. I'm taking full liquids and will move onto pureed foods next week. I haven't had any problems with milk so I have 2-3 protein shakes a day. I am looking forward to seeing how much I have lost when I visit the doctor on Friday. Saturday we leave for Daytona Beach Shores.....I can't wait! Patsy
SpyderS
on 7/21/04 10:02 am - Swedesboro, NJ
I am one week out today. Clear then semi-clear liqiuds are staying down well - no queezyness at all, and I feel great. I went in at 357 and now I am 339.5. (That's 17.5 pounds gone). Not bad considering I am doing nothing but laying around. Spyder
siennagodiva
on 7/21/04 10:29 am - BALTIMORE, MD
No wonder my little pouch is sore. I see that most everyone is on clear liquids. I have been on pureed since before I left the hospital..I wonder if that is makeing me more hungry?
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/04 10:28 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
15 days post-op and feeling fine! I also had very little pain. I have no desire for my protein shakes, though, and I'm still having trouble getting in ALL of my liquids. I figure that will come... I had been feeling down the past few days...weak and tired, but it turns out that I had an ear infection. I'm better now, life is good!
Linda O.
on 7/21/04 11:34 am - Sea Cliff, NY
My surgery is on Monday and I cant tell you how good it is to hear you are all doing so well. WOW I feel so much better. Thank you and please continue to post about your progress it really helps. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views