Home

Calico_KJ
on 7/21/04 12:31 am - Leander, TX
Lap Band on 07/19/04 with
(This is a rambling post because I can't seem to keep my thoughts in a linear order yet ) Hey all. Things went great on Monday and I got home late yesterday afternoon. Some people heard me complaining at a local meeting last week about having to stay overnight. Well, until about midnight I was still griping...then the pain kicked in and I was very glad to have access to those IV drugs. That *&^&$^$ that they give you to drink for the leak test is absolutely awful (no matter how thirsty you are), but luckily it's not a whole lot and the taste does rinse out afterwards. Learning how to move and get comfy now while recovering. I am glad that I took this whole week off rather than trying to go back to work early. Sip, sip, sip. Every moment I am awake I have something in my hand to sip on. Don't feel too much unless I try to take a big gulp of something. That does get my attention though. Glad to be home. Glad to have the anxiousness of waiting gone. Glad to have survived the pre-op diet . EXCITED to begin this new chapter of my journey. Thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement. Karin
alli E.
on 7/21/04 4:56 am - CA
WAHOOO! GREAT TO SEE U HOME SAFE! KEEP ME POSTED!
Nita A.
on 7/21/04 11:46 pm - Fayetteville, NC
WELOCME BACK!!! Glad to see you are resting and sipping! Kepp us posted! Take care. Nita
mary M.
on 7/22/04 4:41 am - anyone, ak
Hey Karin in Texas! I was in Round Rock a few summers ago and dated a guy from Leander!! How neat to see you on here from there. Ya know Paris Hilton was in Round Rock for her show. Any ways, Welcome back!!!!! Tell me, How was your I.V.? I am really scared about that. Because it burns really bad and hurts my whole hand and arm constantly with no break unless they turn the fluids off. My surgery is tuesday and im seriously not looking forward to that part!!! Hope u r feeliing well. With love and mushiness,Bobbie
Calico_KJ
on 7/22/04 5:07 am - Leander, TX
Thanks for your response. Now, as for the IV, to be honest I have had multiple problems with them in the past (3 tries when I was having my daughter and 5 times for another surgery about 6 years ago). I was up front and honest with the nurses that I was a "challenging case" when it came to those. They called the anestheisiologist (sp) rather than trying first. Know what? She hit it on the first try and I had no issues at all with the site! Let them know the problems you have had. Maybe they can try a different site or just getting someone really experienced will make all the difference. Good luck! Karin
Calico_KJ
on 7/22/04 5:09 am - Leander, TX
Thanks everyone for your responses and support. Taking things one day at a time is slow, sometimes frustrating but the only way to go. Karin
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views