Question about pain meds? :-s

melissab
on 7/21/04 4:21 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
I am 7 days preop and will be given a prescription for Vicodin to fill when I come home. I am a little leary of trying it, as I live in Canada (having surgery in New York - Rochester) and we dont have that medication here, so I've never tried it. Wouldn't be a good time to react badly to a new med would it???? I think that I will have my doctor here in Canada give me a prescription for Percocet instead, and leave the Vicodin unfilled. I will need pain meds as it will take over 10 hours to drive home! *ICK* I don't know how much I will need pain meds postop, especially since I am having it done LAP, however I am having my gallbladder out too .... I will take it if I need it only. I am pretty pain tolerant however, I had breast reduction surgery (which is very painful) and didn't even take meds postop in recovery, I just don't like the woozy feeling of pain meds. For the drive, yup! i'm taking whatever the highest and safest dose is! But once home I think it really helps heal quicker if you can handle taking less pain medication. However if the pain is stopping you from functioning, then I say take the dosage of whatever they prescribe. Oh I also think it is morphine that I get while in the hospital. Melissa
mary M.
on 7/22/04 3:44 am - anyone, ak
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views