Question about pain meds? :-s

mary M.
on 7/20/04 10:50 pm - anyone, ak
Hello beutifull people!!! I hear every one talking about pain medication but I havent heard anyone say what kind of medication they were sent home with?? And, Im worried that I will be in pain and not have enough!! Do they send you home with enough? Or do you have to go back to your doc to get more? Im scared of the pain!!!! Love and mushiness, Bobbie from baltimore
DramaQueenJessica
on 7/20/04 11:02 pm - Wayland, MA
Hi Bobbie, I was sent home on Children's Motrin. I only needed it the first night. In the H they were giving me liquid Tylenol with Codeine and I was seeing things. I thought my neighbor had a guest late at night who wore heavy make up and they were talking about Dunkin Donuts... come to find out she didnt have a visitor at all. Needless to say, no more Tylenol3 for me. lol. The only pain Im still having is from my splayed ribs. I *think one of them was bruised and/or cracked. Other than that. I feel wonderful. Good luck and you will do fine. Jessica 253/236/225/216/125
alli E.
on 7/21/04 3:59 am - CA
u were sent with motrin? THEY TELL ME THAT IS A BIG NO NO !!! IBPROFEN IS BAD BAD FOR THE POUCH! how weird! I lvoe IB! oh well- so what did u do to lose all that weight? i want to be 125!! I was 256 around u r weight---- i am 6 days post op and want to be 125! I have lsot 16 lbs soo far! PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS!!!!!!!!!!!
DramaQueenJessica
on 7/21/04 4:02 am - Wayland, MA
Yup, motrin.. and my surgeon isnt a newbie at this by any means. I didnt lose all that weight.. Consult I was 253, day of surgery I was 236, as of yesterday I am 225, my short term goal is 216, and my long term personal goal is 125. I wish I could have lost 100lbs in a week.. rofl.
Roxie B.
on 7/20/04 11:43 pm - Springfield, Mo
I was sent home with liquid hydrocodone and have hardly had to use it. I've had really no pain, just a little sore, but I had laproscopic and I think that makes a big difference in your pain level.
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/04 3:26 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I also came home with liquid hydrocodone. I used it about five times, mostly so I could sleep at night (and toss and turn) without pain or take a nap in the middle of the day. The worst pain you will have will be from the gas, and Maalox Plus works wonders!
melissaross75
on 7/21/04 3:28 am - Cottage Grove, MN
I was sent home with this cough syrup like stuff. I think it was called Roxicet. I did take it. Especially that day I came home after the ride with all the pot holes. What I wouldn't have given for a luxury car with a smooth ride. We have a mini SUV and it did not take the bumps like I wanted. If I were you I'd make sure that your ride brings you a pillow so you and put it around your middle and press it, like when you cough. I didn't even think about that part. So when I got home it was time for my medication and I sure needed it. I got home last Thursday (surgery was on Tuesday) and the last time I need to take it was 2 a.m. Monday morning. I woke up on Monday and didn't feel anything. Just a few twinges every once in awhile. So I ended up taking it for about 4 days and then I tried to go as long as I could in between doses to see if I could handle the pain. Maybe I have a low tolerance for pain, but everyone is different. Good luck and don't worry. Melissa
alli E.
on 7/21/04 3:57 am - CA
When u are getting low-- jsut call the doc and they will phone the pharmacy! I love my meds and have it when i need it! i kno what u mean thou! It is great to hav ethem ! I am on hydrocodine with tylenol! It doesnt do much though! Just makes me sleepy!
siennagodiva
on 7/21/04 4:05 am - BALTIMORE, MD
I also had the surgery lap. In the hospital I was given Delauded by IV with Reglin to keep me from being nauseous. I was sent home with hydrocodon in pain form..basically the same meds....It all worked ok and after day 6 I no longer take them at all.... --Hope that helps ---Michelle F
Debra O.
on 7/21/04 4:06 am - Chino, CA
I think the Dr wrote me a prescription for something to go home with, but i never filled it. I've never had any pain. I guess I had a good Dr. He tells me most of his patients never need meds afterwards. The only pain meds I had was the morphine pump the first night after surgery, then that was taken away. Good luck, Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views