Hi, my fellow post-op friends!

Dawn is D.
on 7/20/04 1:20 pm - Dayton, NJ
While having a bbq with some newfound WLS friends, I was informed of this part of Obesity Help and I am so glad I found it! I had my surgery on July 6th and I am doing well. I have read alot of the posts about being hungry and boy was I glad to see that I was not the only one! My doctor is a little different then most as he believes in solid foods right away. So far I have had (besides the usual jello and broth) chicken, turkey, chopped meat, flounder, salmon, brocoli, salad etc. I think I am not eating enough as my menu consists of: Protein drink for breakfast Protein drink for lunch about 2 ounces of protein for dinner Everyone is telling me to eat more so I am going to try that. I'm so glad I found this.... Dawn 7-6-04 293/268/250 (short-term goal)
Mary D.
on 7/20/04 3:01 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Dawn, You sound like all is going well! My surgery was July 12 and I'm feeling great too. Down 15 lbs the 1st week. Still a bit sore though, but walking 20-30 minutes each day. I am still on liquids...Campbell's cream of chicken soup and Jello made with Skim Plus milk are as close to solid as I have been allowed. I am drinking two Extreme Smoothie shakes each day, each with 35 grams of protein and only 170 calories per can. TOTALLY DELICIOUS, and can be ordered online by the can or case at BariatricEating.com. Those 2 cans are all of the required protein for a day....so anything else I take in is extra. My nails are growing quickly from the protein.....so maybe I won't have the dreaded hair thinning later on. Another good source to check out is the book BEFORE AND AFTER by Susan Maria Leach. The sell it @ Barnes and Noble. It is not just about her WLS journey....it's a bariatric gourmet cookbook! She also runs the website that I noted above. I start soft solid foods after seeing my surgeon on Thursday. I am planning a recipe from her book as my "first meal!" Good luck to you....you are off to a super strong start! Mary Dailey, NJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views