J tube Blues

Velvet W.
on 7/20/04 12:57 pm - RunningSprings, CA
RNY on 07/09/04 with
I'm 11 days post-op and had my appointment today. I was expecting to have my tube removed, but my doctor decided to leave it in until my next appointment......in 2 weeks.! I'm not having complications with it, other than its uncomfortable and inconvienant.It just seems like a long time. I was just wondering how anyone else felt about their "lil addition".
msrob68
on 7/20/04 1:03 pm - Hampshire, TN
I know I hated the extra addition.. but i only had it an extra week.... But i told all the guys at work...now i knew how they felt because i was always having to adjust the position of my bulb... they had a good laugh.. I will say a prayer that everything goes well at your next appointment.. i was amazed at how long the tube is inside you... I didnt think he was ever going to stop pulling it out... lol Robin
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/04 3:24 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I had my drain for only one week. It bugged me a little bit, but it wasn't too bad. I could even lay on my left side. Mine didn't have a bulb on it or anything. It was just a latex glove-like tube that was folded over a couple of times and secured with gauze and tape. Best part was that it didn't hurt coming out.
alli E.
on 7/21/04 3:55 am - CA
WHY DO U STILL HAVE IT? Why did he not remove it? Maybe ther is a lot of drainage??? hmmm! Hang in there it is for the best and your health!
Debra O.
on 7/21/04 4:00 am - Chino, CA
I never had any tube. Just 5 teeny incisions with 3 staples each. I got my staples out yesterday and Im feelin great. ~Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views