Is being nervous the right word?

Laurie B.
on 7/20/04 10:54 am - Hinsdale, NH
My surgery isn`t until August 23rd, but I am feeling a bit nervous now. I just want to do this and not think about it.
kellyh26
on 7/20/04 11:00 am - White Bluff, TN
Laurie, I'd sure like to tell you that that is possible but I don't really think that it is. this is MAJOR life changing surgery, I thought I was very educated on this surgery and was totally prepared but no matter how much you read on the surgery you can't full understand what it's like until you go thru it. I'm not trying to scare you at all I wouldn't do that for the world. But I am asking you as a post op with some regrets that you pray about this decision and know fully that this for you. Long term I'm hoping is were mine pays off. Good luck to you sweetie and God's speed. Kelly RNY 7/6/2004
Mary D.
on 7/20/04 3:21 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Laurie, Nervous is totally normal. You have made an huge life changing decision.....now just make it the right decision by doing all of the things your doctor advises. I am 7 days post op and feeling GREAT! I have already lost 15 lbs...in just the first week...and I am religiously following the nutrition plan. I walk 20 minutes each day. I drink 2 Extreme Smoothie protein shakes each day, each with 35 gr of protein and 170 calories. I also consume 64 or more oz. of water, a multivitamin, and Skim Plus milk used to make Campbell's cream of chicken soup and Jello sugar free pudding. I start drinking the water as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning as it takes a LONG time to SIP that much water.....and you get full on just two oz of liquid or puding or soup! I HAVE NO REGRETS. Pain is controlled with meds and you can ween yourself off as you feel up to it. To pass the time, buy the book BEFORE AND AFTER by Susan Maria Leach. It's about her WLS journey, is very positive, and also contains tons of recepies as she is a gourmet cook. The book is available in bookstores or at BariatricEating.com (a great website for ordering the protein shakes at a discount...and the shakes are DELICIOUS!) Say your prayers....stay the course....and soon you will be pain free and on the losing side! Keep in touch. Mary Dailey, NJ
melissab
on 7/21/04 4:27 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Hi Laurie, boy do I know your feeling! I just want it over and done with too. My surgery is July 28 (7 days left WOOOHOO) and I've been anxious and psyched for over a month now, counting days. This week oddly enough is flying by. I truly believe the key is getting out, doing things, and staying active. It is really important (IMHO). It keeps your mind and body occupied. I also have been trying to spend more time in contact with or visiting with my family and friends. I am an optimist and I know everything will go smoothly, but it can't hurt to use precaution. And to me that means spending some special time with all the special people in my life. I have found that even the though of surgery a month away can be so MOTIVATING! Maybe now is a time you could get into a bit of a exercise routine, take a walk every morning and evening and get used to pushing yourself a little further every day. Or joining a gym and walking on the treadmill, or taking an aquafitness class. I have NEVER lost weight on my own, no matter what plan/diet I've been on. Since I was approved for surgery I have somehow lost 14 lbs!! I am trying to channel my energy into positive things while I whittle the waiting time away. I try not to let nervousness get in my way, although I'd be lying if I said it didn't occur. But when it happens, I can come here and read inspiring profiles, or look through fashion magazines/catalogues at all the different things I am going to be able to buy and look NICE in down the line postop! Keep plugging away, it will drag for a bit, then time will just race away and before you know it your big day will be here. Best of luck! Melissa
leon
on 7/21/04 12:17 pm - Rhinelander, WI
It is so wonderful to have a place to hear and see so many positive things about this surgery. I am scheduled for July 27th. and hope to post as soon as I get home..Best of Luck to you and I will keep you in my prayers. T.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views