Just over 15hrs to go at this point....

Traci72
on 7/20/04 8:11 am - Hastings, MN
Just over 15hrs and can we say "anxiety"? I'm so having issues, but nothing that has any reason for really. I'm stuck in the do I really NEED to do this at this point? I'm not nearly obese as some and there are no immediate medical reasons that make it a matter of life or death, so to speak. Someone made the comment to me that I was doing it now for "cosmetic" reasons, and was just "too lazy" to lose weight the 'old fashioned' way. Others have jokingly accused me of doing it the "easy way" instead of "working for it". I know I desperately NEED to lose weight, and the "old fashioned" ways just don't work for me. I didn't get here originally by just overeating, but due to medication I had been on for a 3yr period. (the subsequent depression just made it all worse) I need to give myself back to my family, and THEY deserve it. So I know my concern in not logical...but still, blame it on hormones, being a women, whatever, but I'm still anxious. I trust my Dr IMPLICITLY and have so much faith in him. I KNOW I'm in good hands between him and the Lord above. Ok, I'm starting to ramble now.... I'll post how I'm doing when I get to the other side....see you all there!! Thanks for all your support, I so greatly appreciate it! Traci
kellyh26
on 7/20/04 8:20 am - White Bluff, TN
Traci, I wish you all the luck in the world... God bless you.. Kelly
grannyannie
on 7/20/04 9:02 am - Celina, OH
Traci......You will be just fine. You know in your heart that you want this so do not let what people say bother you. I know it is hard because I am getting a lot of the same remarks. What we need is support. May God be with you and I will be thinking of you.Hugs to you... Annie
Crystal M.
on 7/20/04 10:34 am - Martinez, CA
Don't beat yourself up about it! At this point, I am five days post-op Yippeee! and I am sooo glad I did it! And, I just seem to have the conviction that the farther along I go on this trip, the more I will know that I have chosen the right road. As for the easy way, 20 years ago I told my mom the same thing. That she was cheating and I didn't approve. She was so happy afterwards and was able to spend the next five years doing all the things she had always wanted to do. She was taken by cancer then, and I thank god that she got the WLS and spent her last years doing what she wanted! Take care and good luck1 Crystal
Nancy C.
on 7/20/04 4:58 pm - Hersey, MI
I believe most of us gain weight for more reasons than overeating. We don't deserve to remain morbidly obese all our lives for reasons we can't control. You just do the surgery if you know in your heart you need it. If you could lose the weight with dieting and keep it off your heart would tell you so and then you could go ahead and diet the weight off. My son-n-law thinks I don't eat much as it is so thought the surgery wouldn't help me but it is the times when my body says "ok, enough dieting, I want some food" that make me gain the weight back.
Laura V.
on 7/21/04 3:21 pm - Tacoma, WA
Traci, Good luck with your surgery. The first thing my doctor said was, "Its not your fault." How could anyone call what we have the "easy way." No way, its the hardest way. Good luck with your new life. I am having surgery on Aug 24th and I am so looking forward to it. All the best! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views