R U practicing chewing & sipping??

cosette
on 7/19/04 1:25 pm - Tujunga, CA
I'm more of the inhale and gulp kind of girl. Are you all practicing the chew until pureed and sip, sip, techniques? My surgery is Wednesday.
LadyBug :.
on 7/19/04 2:32 pm - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Cosette, I'm on all liquids for my surgery on July 29. I'm sipping but not chewing. Good Luck on your Surgery and best wishes on a speedy recovery. Saying prayers for you. Jean
cosette
on 7/20/04 1:26 am - Tujunga, CA
Wow! I should stop complaining. You have to be on liquids until July 29. My hats off to you! I'll send best wishes your way, too! Thanks.
LadyBug :.
on 7/20/04 3:02 pm - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Cosette, Sorry, you have it wrong. I will be on all Liquids till Aug. 29th. A total of 6 weeks. It's not easy but not to hard either. At least not after the 4th or 5th. day. Good Luck on your Surgery. Will say some prayers for you. Jean
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/04 12:02 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I didn't practice, which turned out to be okay, because right at first, you're not chewing anyway and have to get back into practice with it. THEN, you learn REALLY fast that if you gulp, you hurt. I've made that mistake a couple of times, and it was agony! Mostly, you take little sips because you're afraid of bigger ones.
cosette
on 7/20/04 1:27 am - Tujunga, CA
Okay...so then I won't worry too much. I think. Thanks for the tips. Glad you are doing well! And Congratulations
Nita A.
on 7/20/04 4:19 am - Fayetteville, NC
I'm not practicing. I have been on a special diet for 5 days and will continue until surgery Friday! I hope I won't have to learn the hard way, but I've always been hard headed! Nita
Debra O.
on 7/21/04 3:40 am - Chino, CA
You dont need to practice. Take it from me, I never practiced, but after surgery just try gulping something down. You'll only ever do it once...lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views