Eating problems.

DramaQueenJessica
on 7/19/04 8:44 am - Wayland, MA
Hi all, I had my surgery on July 12th and Im having some issues with eating. I came home from the H on Saturday on pureed foods. So far, Im not doing well. All I want to do is drin**** cold drinks. Water is too heavy on my pouch right now so Ill drink whatever is available to me. Im trying to convince myself that my pouch is craving cold liquids to reduce the swelling it has. Eating, well, its not happening. Today I had a half a bottle of carb countdown smoothie in black cherry ( I recommend it) and a half a teaspoon of tuna salad, mashed VERY well. Oh and a glass of ice cold lemonade, boy did that feel GOOD! For the last few days all Ive been eating is freeze pops and well, thats it. Any one else having these issues?
Becky R.
on 7/19/04 8:50 am - Cornell, WI
I had my surgery on July 13th and came home Friday on a full Liquid diet...What I find with my pouch that seems to calm it some is like the warm broths..... I guess I am surprised to hear anyone come home on a pureed diet as my Doctor recommends Full Liquid 3-4 weeks after Surgery......Hope things get better, We Can Do This and I am happy to be on the Loosing side......Good Luck Becky
DramaQueenJessica
on 7/19/04 8:54 am - Wayland, MA
All surgeons are different. My surgeon allows diet soda, de-carbonated. Most do not. Im thinking that I will go back to liquids only because it felt good. Im seeing my surgeon tomorrow for staple removal and will see what he says. Thanks Becky and good luck to you too. =)
kristy D.
on 7/19/04 3:03 pm - Farmers, CA
My surgeon want's clear liquid for 2 weeks, full liquid for 4 weeks and then slowly introduce soft foods.
Crystal M.
on 7/19/04 7:51 pm - Martinez, CA
I LOVE my popsicles....its the only thing that always seems to taste good. Talked to my Dr. today about what is better...eating or drinking and at this point she said that drinking and staying hydrated was way way important. She also said you might need to work up to the full amount, so Im at 32 oz water/clear liquid and then cream soup or pudding for meals, I dont add the popsicles as fluids, they are my bonus if I get the fluids down
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/04 12:07 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I had one week of clear liquids and one week of full liquids. Today, I begin with soft foods. I must admit that I've cheated along the way...letting a few cheeze-its melt on my tongue...4oz. of chili...1/2 a McDonald's hamburger. I am definitely NOT going to wind up being a poster-child for this surgery! I'm happy to say, though, at least these portions were SOOOO much smaller than ever before. I'm just so tired of not having a FLAVOR. But, today, that ends! HOORAY!!
Velvet W.
on 7/20/04 12:48 pm - RunningSprings, CA
RNY on 07/09/04 with
Most of my diet has been crystal light and diet snapple. Plain water, which I loved before surgery tastes funny to me now, and as weird as it seems weighs heavy. I thought broths would feel good but I cant seem to swallow them. Lots of things taste different. My nutrition ive been getting from Advant-Edge shakes. 15 gm protien
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views