5 Days Post-Op

Patricia B.
on 7/19/04 5:59 am - Tannersville, PA
Hi All! I'm home from the hospital and I feel pretty good. My one incision hurts me more than the others. But each day is a little better than the one before. I'm actually eating very liquidfied oatmeal, and tolerating it well. Thank God! I still can't believe I did this surgery. Congrats to ALL who made this move!!!
Lalocaweta
on 7/19/04 6:50 am - Spicewood, TX
I am 5 days too (I think...kind of lost track of days w/o working!) My incision where the drain is hurts a little more then the others... On the oatmeal - what kind? I am getting tired of chicken broth and jello and cottage cheese...
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/04 8:07 am - Somewhere Else
Try cream of wheat...easier to tolerate than oatmeal. Linda
Becky R.
on 7/19/04 8:32 am - Cornell, WI
I am 6 days Post-Op and doing well for the most part. On the cottage cheese I tried that and boy oh boy did it sit heavy on me.......but the broth, jello, pudding and yogurt is getting old too....anyone out there got other tips or ideas......I did get some ice cream today........Becky
Natalie O
on 7/19/04 9:46 am - Osseo, MN
I am four days postop and I just made some plain cream of wheat and mixed in some splenda and a little sugar free seedless raspberry jam. I got full really fast but what I had was yummy and sits well. I bought some sugarless ice cream today too and am wondering why it is not on my approved list? Natalie
Esther B.
on 7/19/04 11:24 am - Baldwin Park, CA
Hi everyone I am also 5 days post-op, no kidding I am tired of broth and Jello and water. My list didnt say I could have yogurt, cottage cheese or any kind of milk product. It said clear liquid and clear protein only, not until the 15th day post-op. I also need some suggestions of other foods. My recovery has been really good no pain what so ever in fact they took me off pain meds. on Thursday one day after surgery. Good luck to everyone and hope everyone recovers well. Esther
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views