Post-op hunger

siennagodiva
on 7/18/04 11:59 am - BALTIMORE, MD
I am only five days out and I am feeling hunger pangs. To eat is still painful for me so I don't indulge my feelings, but I feel that once my pouch is completely heeled, I will have a reall battle on my hands. It may be because I spend a lot of my time infront of the TV right now (more than I normally do). There are so many food commercials, I feel like I want a burger everytime i see that checkers commercial. Anyone else feeling hunger so soon post op?
Brandi H.
on 7/18/04 12:42 pm - Sparta, IL
At first I too thought that I was having hunger pains but it realy is not. It is my stomach getting used to its new size I guess. I had my surgery on the 7th which was 12 days ago and I have to say that I feel nauseas now when I look at food. Sometimes I have pains but I do not think it is hunger pains. I am not sure can anyone else help???? I too am curious as well! Thanks Brandi open Rny 7-7-04
alli E.
on 7/18/04 12:44 pm - CA
I feel hungry but i think it is mostly my HEAD! I am not really hungry--- I eat jello and get full! I jsut want some popcorn or a pasta... It is really weird and different to experience! Hang in there! Keep getting the liquids in! 4 days Post-op
T R.
on 7/18/04 10:59 pm
I am 11 days post- op and yep, I have it too! I don't know if its my tummy or brain wanting those things, but I really want p-nut butter. LOL I guess we will have to wait and see. Remember, that one day we will have those things again (in moderation) and that so many people have been successful at this. That is how I cope, I hope it helps. Take care and congrats!
Roxie B.
on 7/19/04 3:08 am - Springfield, Mo
I am one week out now and feel hunger also! My hubby had WLS last October and he said he did not, he had to force himself to eat afterwards! That has not been my experience. Yesterday as my family was eating a big wonderful lunch and I ate my cream soup, I just wanted to taste it so bad, so I took a bite, chewed it up and then spit it out, just so I could taste it, that's pretty bad isn't it! The weird thing is after I tasted it I was disappointed it didn't taste nearly as good as what I was expecting. I think it must be more in my mind and that after I can eat some food with a little bit of substance to it instead of just liquids maybe, hopefully, it won't be as bad.
PRECIOUS I.
on 7/19/04 6:54 am - PITTSBURGH, PA
I'm five days out and i have to say i think it's a little of both getting used to not being able to eat what you want when your ready and your mind playing tricks. I have been doing good so far and the only thing I have wanted to eat was this sandwich my boyfriend made it looked and smelled so good but he m ade me some fat free, suger free pudding (cause the jell-o is making me sick) and i was alright went to sleep like a baby. But i have been craving pizza and I did't even it it alot before. but alot of it is also gas that will not come when you want it to,lol
Lalocaweta
on 7/19/04 6:55 am - Spicewood, TX
I have to agree w/ you - I had never noticed all the food commercials on TV until now...Makes me hungry - but you know what - that is your brain speaking - not your stomach... I know I have a battle ahead of me too - I keep thinking about why can't I just have a couple of french fries....But - we knew it would not be easy... That is why I plan to count on the support of people on the MB's here...
Becky R.
on 7/19/04 8:45 am - Cornell, WI
I am now 6 days Post-Op and I too am having some kind of pains.....Not sure if it is really the hunger pains or the pains of everything just healing and getting all back together in there after the surgeon gets done....Last night I had a dream and In that dream someone was baking chicken and I took a great big bite of a chicken leg, chewed it and spit it out after realizing I could not swallow all that or I would be sick..........Glad that was only a dream!! All I want is a piece of cheese Is there a certain time at which we increase the liquid amounts or do we stick to the 3-4 ounces at each meal and snack?? Wondering??
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views