Night Before Magnesium Citrate??

Mary C.
on 7/18/04 7:11 am - Howell, NJ
I, too - am scheduled for LAP Band surgery tomorrow morning. I was told to have a clear liquid diet 24 hours prior to surgery. In addition, I am to "take one BOTTLE of Magnesium Citrate the night before surgery." I have a sneaking feeling what will happen - going to the bathroom all night? I am supposed to go out for a little while, tonight - I guess I better cancel or just how late should I do this??? I had NEVER heard of this before.... thanks! And good luck to all of the other folks scheduled for tomorrow! Mary
siennagodiva
on 7/18/04 7:34 am - BALTIMORE, MD
Usually bedtime or 8 pm will suffice! Good luck and see you on the other side!
IrishIze
on 7/18/04 7:56 am - NJ
Luckily I don't have to take any of that stuff - just nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I'll be so glad when they wake me in recovery and tell me everything is fine!! Good luck tomorrow, Mary and I'll be thinking of you! Hugs, Nancy
Tracey L.
on 7/18/04 9:20 am - Concord, CA
Mary- Be ware Magnesium Citrate has explosive results...for me it works fast and is very efficient. I wouldn't plan on going anywhere. Healthy Blessings to you tomorrow...my turn is Monday! Tracey Love in San Francisco [email protected]
MarinaS
on 7/18/04 10:23 am - Small Town, WA
I took mine 1.5 hours ago an nothing. I was to drink half a bottle until all is clear and if it isn't then drink the other half. The drink really does not taste bad.
JulesC
on 7/18/04 10:25 am - Spring Hill, TN
I have had to take MC for other tests/sugeries. As mentioned in another post, I found it to be swift and thorough. I would wait until after you go out to take it if possible. My surgeon said to take it at 4:00 p.m. the day before, so I don't get to make a choice when. Good luck tomorrow!!! Jules
bugsmom
on 7/18/04 12:57 pm - In Mom's House, CA
I had to drink that stuff the night before too (so happy to be post-op, even if it's only a few days). I was up quite a bit during the night as a result and when I checked into the hospital in the morning I mentioned to the nurse that I was still , uh, emptying. She reassured me that everyone's experiences are slightly different but not to worry. So I just made up my mind to relax. It didn't taste too bad but it did take about 2 hours to kick in and then, as I said, it continued to kick all night. Best wishes! Merritt
metoosamiam
on 7/18/04 1:04 pm - odessa, TX
my surgery is 7/20. i have to do the mag citrate @ 3pm. This is supposed to keep me from being up all nite. good luck with your surgery. denese
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views