Anyone else? BMs & Pinchy pain

MinnieMia
on 7/18/04 2:53 am - SC
Okay, tell me I'm not weird. Well, I am, but about this I'm hoping I'm normal! Every time I drink meals or water I have a BM...lots of them throughout the day. Liquidy of course (sorry, TMI, I know!) but I seem to be in the bathroom all the time. Is everyone else having this? Also in the last day or so I've started having a pinchy pain on the left side under my ribs. Of course I'm thinking OMG, a staple is out and is floating around poking me in the guts. Anyone else having this or heard it's common? Hope all is well with all my fellow July posties! Today's a better day than yesterday was for me. I slept most of yesterday and this morning I just about got sick thinking about eating my jello so I lay down for a couple of hours and was able to eat it then. Sipping like a little bird and trying to get comfortable while sitting...other than that nothing exceptional... minnie
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/04 4:25 am - Somewhere Else
I wish I had that BM problem, I'm the oposite, lol..can't go for the life of me, which is a more common problem I think. I also have that pain...sometimes even feels like I am bruised inside too. Not sure what it is, but am seeing my dr on Wednesday, so I'll find out then. Linda BTW, I'm already on toast etc...
siennagodiva
on 7/18/04 7:27 am - BALTIMORE, MD
Hey Minnie, I am so happy that i had a bm for the first time since surgery, that I jumped on the first bm question I saw. Are you eating anthing yet besides jellow and liquid? After my initial bm, my followin bm was liquidy as well. But not after each meal. It may just be that you are not eating anthing solid. I would still make a call into my dr. Especially if you are experiencing a new pain. I also have the staple delusion. I am constantly thinking what could go wrong will and any pain is a confirmation of this. I am just trying to relax and not work myself up. Call you Dr and so you can be reasured as soon as possible.
IrishIze
on 7/18/04 8:00 am - NJ
Minnie, have you asked this question on the main message board? They may be able to help you better than us newbies here - there's a lot of experience over there! Give them a try, and hope you're soon feeling better!! Hugs, Nancy
Cheri M.
on 7/18/04 8:12 am - NJ
Hi Minnie. I am having the same problem.. it started in the hospital yesterday.. after every meal i had a liquid bm. The nurse said it normal, actually it was a good thing and eventually it will stop once I get solid foods into my system. Which wont be for another week or so. Sometimes I could drink jus****er and it will cause another BM. I too also had some sharp pain by my left ribs. I was worried about it at first, but it soon went away.. took some deep breaths and it subsided. It hasnt happened again since. If it does I think I will contact the DR. Cheri
ncrocker64
on 7/18/04 8:26 am - Merrimac, MA
Hi Minnie, That pain your feeling up under your ribs is normal if you had a g-tube. I had a g-tube after surgery and the doc took it out the day I left the hospital. But I still get the pinchy pain once in a while. It happens less and less over time. My surgery was June 28th.
ncrocker64
on 7/18/04 8:26 am - Merrimac, MA
Hi Minnie, That pain your feeling up under your ribs is normal if you had a g-tube. I had a g-tube after surgery and the doc took it out the day I left the hospital. But I still get the pinchy pain once in a while. It happens less and less over time. My surgery was June 28th.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views