My first post since becoming a LOSER!

melissaross75
on 7/18/04 2:25 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Well, today is Sunday, and I finally got up enough energy and "want" to get on the computer. I've basically been up and down, taking a shower every day, even cooked two dinners for my boyfriend who was pleasantly surprised when he walked in from work. But, as soon I do something big like that and my "pain syrup" wears off I am back on the couch resting. I've been bad about my liquids only because yesterday I slept most of the day, but by evening I actually had my first hunger pains. I ate a popscicle and drank some water and was fine. I've had ups and downs since Thursday but overall I can't complain. My surgery went very well they say. I was in at 10:30 and out of surgery by 2-2:30 but was in recover until about 1 1/2 hours. In recovery I was very nauseas, with the dry heaves and one time got some blood up, that scared me. My nurse said that was perfectly normal. They gave me 3 different things to stop the nauseas feeling, one was a direct shot right into my upper thigh which I didn't even feel but I have the bruise to prove it. hahaha... Anyway, when I got up to my room they say how they were surprised how coherant I was. Anyway, I'm glad I'm home and am focusing on my liquids today. Don't really desire much besides water and popscicles though. Will keep in touch, Melissa
IrishIze
on 7/18/04 7:54 am - NJ
Hi Melissa, and welcome home!! I'm sorry you had the nausea thing, but I'm glad you're home and feeling better! I'm having my surgery in the morning, so please keep me in your prayers!! Hugs, Nancy
JulesC
on 7/18/04 10:36 am - Spring Hill, TN
Congratulations on becoming a loser! I hope to become one too in about 9 more days. It sounds like you are doing great, and it makes me less nervous to know you were able to be up and about somewhat. Hope the recovery speeds along, and the weight starts to drop off!! Good luck! Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views