NOW I'M NERVOUS!!!!! 1 more day.....

NadineM
on 7/18/04 1:48 am - Vancouver, WA
OK, So I found this inner peace a few days ago, and was fine going into this......Well, last night I LOST IT!!! My husband say's if I want to not go through with it he supports me. I just couldn't stop crying.....................thinking I LOVE my life so much right now and don't really want it to change other then loose some weight. I know this is normal and everyone feels this way. But I also know there are other people who never have any doubt's in their mind and they are soooooooooooo excited about this surgery and just want to get it done. Is this strange that I am NOT so happy 1 day before? I know there are alot of us tomorrow and I am praying for everyone......but just had to vent!!! Thanks for listening.............Hugs to everyone....and inner peace please come back!!!!! Nadine
IrishIze
on 7/18/04 2:39 am - NJ
I guess I'm the person on the other side of the spectrum. I'm really not nervous at all - just looking forward to getting it over. I am very sure that I want the surgery. I know there will be a lot of adjustments afterwards, and I am willing to make those adjustments. I have prepared myself for the struggle. When I quit smoking I went into it knowing it was going to be horrible for a couple of weeks or so, and then it would get better. I'm assuming the same thing about this surgery. I'm not kidding myself that it's going to be a piece of cake (sorry for the bad pun!!), but I know I can do it one day at a time. I am not really looking forward to a surgery, but that's all. I'm keeping you in my prayers, Nadine. Hugs and Nancy
Chrystoula V.
on 7/18/04 4:20 am - Largo, FL
Nadine , I am like Nancy, am looking forward to getting this over with. And cant wait to be a huge losser. Everything will go good for us tomorrow. God will take you nervousness from you and that peace will come back to you.
Debra O.
on 7/18/04 4:50 am - Chino, CA
Good luck you guys going in tommorrow Im in my 5th day post op, and I was one of the excited ones going into this surgery. Everyday after the surgery I was asking myself, whet the heck did I do. It was painful just swallowing water for me. This morning things are much better. I slept all night in my bed, flat for the first time, and its not so bad trying to get my fluids down today. Plus im down 12 lbs.woo hoo. So I guess I have to tell you to just hang in there, things are rough at first, but they are with any surgery. Its all gonna be good in the end when were all in our bikinis next summer Hugs, Debra~ LAP RNY 7-14-04
Peggy G.
on 7/18/04 6:10 am - Ventura, CA
Nadine, I'm nervous too. You have every right to be nervous, this IS a major change and major surgery. However, if you're due to have surgery soon, you're most likely on the liquid diet, this might be influencing your attitude. I mean, it's the first time you are really without so much food - also a major change. The way I look at it, I ask myself, what's going to happen if I DON'T have the surgery? I see myself just getting fatter, no quality of life, until I die of a heart attack someday. Not a very pleasant thought, is it? Or I could have the surgery, do everything I can to make it work, and go do those things I've wanted to do for a long time. I also go measure all the different parts of my body, and go look at the before and after photo's on this site. Prayer is also a really good thing in deciding what to do. I suggest you try that too. Take care girl. Peggy
cosette
on 7/18/04 8:30 am - Tujunga, CA
AMEN, Sister!!!
kristy D.
on 7/18/04 7:07 am - Farmers, CA
I know how you feel because I was the same way. I loved my life and my weight was annoying but i was still able to do alot of stuff. Before i went in I thought it was going to be the end of my life. I was soooo sad and scared. I had my surgery july14th lap rny and have not felt one ounce of pain or even sick yet. i feel great and have no regrats what so ever. I even got up this morning took a shower and wen't to church. I'm only 4 days out but everyone tells me I don't even look like I've had surgery because I am doing so well. Everyone is diffrent and go through diffrent expereinces But I just wanted to share something positive with you. Good luck and do what is in your heart. This is something you have to live with no one else and I think you have a GREAT husband to support you and whatever yuo decide. Good luck. I will pray for you.
NadineM
on 7/18/04 9:20 am - Vancouver, WA
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS........I KNOW I WILL BE FINE AND GOD WILL BLESS ME DURING THIS TIME AS HE ALWAYS HAS....................THANKS AGAIN AND BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE AS WELL IN JULY....... HUGS AND NADINE
Carla S.
on 7/18/04 10:11 am - Signal Mountain, TN
I am right there with you Nadine. I have cried for the last 2 days. My surgery is in 12 hours - 8 am 7-19. I have had several people say it's ok to back out, but I really want this. I want to be healthy again. My sister brought me some bath oil. I'm going to light some candles & go soak for awhile - see if that will help calm me down. Best of luck tomorrow and let me know how things go!!! Carla Smith Signal Mtn., TN
JulesC
on 7/18/04 10:22 am - Spring Hill, TN
I understand completely that your nerves have gotten to you. I am 8 days away and I don't feel too peaceful inside. However, I don't think God ever gives us more than we can actually handle, even though we might think so. You will do great tomorrow and losing the weight will be wonderful for us both!! I wil be thinking about you and your imminent success. Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views