Does anyone Have Pain Swallowing?

Debra O.
on 7/17/04 11:41 pm - Chino, CA
I had my surgery on Wed. I've been home since Friday afternoon. I have to tell you, I have absolutely no pain at all. I had laparscopic surgery, so there are only teeny little incisions (5 of them). I only ever need pain meds the very 1st day. I am having pain swallowing though. Is anyone else experiencing this. Even with jus****er. I take the tenniest sips too. It goes down an as soon as it hits my stomach it really hurts. I just want to know that this is gonna get better. ~Debra
bugsmom
on 7/18/04 1:02 pm - In Mom's House, CA
Debra! Good to see your post! I had my surgery right before yours, Wednesday morning. I wasn't released from the hospital till Saturday morning but I'm home now. I feel so thirsty! I don't have any pain swallowing but I do feel full and gassy, like I need to burp alot. No pain anywhere though. I'm sipping my water and struggling to get down some broth and eating sugar free popsicles and feeling alot of "head hunger." I can't wait to see Dr. Suh this week because I'm hoping he'll give me the go ahead to add scrambled eggs and applesauce to my puny little menu. When did the pain swallowing start? Merritt
lsutiger80
on 7/19/04 7:23 am - Metairie, LA
I am 12 days post op and still have slight pain when I just sip water. Today is the first day I can take a little bit more than an tiny sip. I haven't been able to get the protein shakes down since they are thicker than water. I'm not worried yet. But, I am making sure that I get in the necessary fluids. I don't want to dehydrate. My dr. says it will get better and not to worry. I sure would like a big gulp of ice cold water though. It's been a little hard taking the folic acid pills since I have to take such tiny sips. I go very slowly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views