Hi everyone!!! 1week and 3 days post op!

Brandi H.
on 7/17/04 11:26 am - Sparta, IL
Just a little post to let all of you know how I am doing right now! Lets see had my surgery on the 7th and came home on the 9th! Thank god it was a short stay at the hospital. I went in at 7am Wed morning for surgery and I am sot sure when I came back to the hosp room but my hubby says around 11am. I just know that I was in PAIN PAIN PAIN!!! I thankfully had a morphine IV med, which I seemed to not be able to ever push the button myself and my hubby had to do it for me! I got up the next day and took a shower and walked around a bit, and was quite sore. The ride home was a long one, and VERY bumpy, but I made it. Lets see once I got home I really improved! I was off of my pain meds by the following Monday morning, and now I am feeling fine. There is a bit of pulling where the incision is, but mainly on the inside. I have done well with foods except today I tried some Salmon and WOW BOY I had to keep swallowing to keep from throwing up, and if that is Dumping I will avoid it at all costs. My heart rate went up and I felt horrible, and I do the same thing with milk too! But I will wait a while and try again to see if it still happens. I am to the pureed stage of foods now, so I am able to eat real foods now, not baby cereal and broth, OH and lets not forget JELL-O!! Gotta love that stuff. LOL I am still looking for a good protein shake, I like the Curves brand shake but you have to be a member to buy it from them!!! !!!!ALLISON in NEW YORK!!!! I WILL BE ONLINE TONIGHT MAKE SURE YOU EMAIL ME!!!!!! Brandi OPEN Rny 7-7-04 5ft 9in 283
k29acosta
on 7/17/04 11:36 am - roseburg, OR
Brandi I had my surgery 7/5/04 and I found carb options all ready mixed shakes chocolate delite flavor (it tastes like licking the spoon after making a chocolate cake) e-mail me with some other yummy things you found to eat would love to hear your ideas I am running out of them........
Brandi H.
on 7/17/04 3:43 pm - Sparta, IL
Kimberly, Right now I am in the pureed stage, so I am eating lowfat cream soups and pureed soups. I have used the baby food grinder I had for my son to grind it up into a pureed consistency. My nutritionist also told me that I can eat meats as long as they are chewed very well. And I can eat cooked canned veggies as well. I will be on this for about a month so I am searching for some recipes, if I find some good ones I will let you know! Brandi
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views