Poem for July Board

MarinaS
on 7/17/04 9:21 am - Small Town, WA
I am no poet, but just jotted down these words and wanted to pass them on to the July Board: I prayed for you in your time of need That in your life God would lead. I prayed that angels will securely hover And speed your health to a full recover. I ask God to guide your surgeon's hand, To give him skills beyond the man. To give you strength for health and life, To make you well as you face the knife. May you WALK away those awful pounds, That brings you misery and makes you round. You will succeed as your body heals, Eventually progressing to healthy meals. Be very kind to that brand new POUCH, By resting often on the couch. Treat it kindly as you choose your food, And only eat what you know is good. Remember to SIP all through the day, To keep hydrated while you play. A different life lays ahead for you, One filled with wonder at what you can do. Protein first is the key to great health, Your newfound life is your greatest wealth. Put your MO days behind you now, The future will be a new you - WOW.
Patsy G.
on 7/17/04 10:21 am - GA
You my dear, are a poet! I enjoyed your poem very much. Thank you for sharing it with us. Patsy
IrishIze
on 7/17/04 10:25 am - NJ
Marina - what a great poem!! I'm going to print that off and take it to the hospital with me on Monday! Hugs and Nancy
stillfrozen
on 7/17/04 11:28 am - GYPSUM, CO
Wow is right you go girl. GREAT POEM I will keep on my frig. Thanks again for the wounderful poem. Sincerely Robin C
Carla S.
on 7/17/04 1:44 pm - Signal Mountain, TN
Marina - this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Since my surgery is Monday and I am totally freaking out right this minute - I really can't thank you enough. I have also printed this off to take to the hospital with me on Monday. Best wishes to you!!! Carla Smith, Signal Mtn., TN
Linda O.
on 7/17/04 1:50 pm - Sea Cliff, NY
Thank you!!!!!!!! Good luck to all of you having surgery on Monday you are all in my prayers. Linda
Dee F.
on 7/17/04 6:14 pm - Clearwater, FL
Marina, Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem. I'm one week out and have those words to live by. I too, will be placing this on the fridge.
maryann F.
on 7/17/04 11:52 pm - north arlington, NJ
WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer L.
on 7/18/04 12:24 am - Bolton, CT
RNY on 07/20/04 with
WOW that was the best poem! i am also printing and bringing it to the hospital with me that was beautiful thank you!!!!!
LadyBug :.
on 7/18/04 2:18 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Marina, WOW, WOW, WOW, That is an AWESOME Poem. And YES you are a Poet, even if you don't know it . May I share it with my Home State List? It's going on my Frig. also. Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views