THIS IS MY FIRST TIME.BE GENTLE

valerie M.
on 7/17/04 7:00 am - baltimore, md
MY NAME IS VALERIE. THIS IS MY FIRST POST. I HAVE A SURGERY DATE FOR JULY 30,2004. MY EMOTIONS ARE LIKE A BOX OF CRAYONS. FOR THE MOST PART I AM ELATED BECAUSE I COME A LONG WAY. I JUST NEED TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE ON MY SIDE. I WILL POST AS I GET CLOSER TO MY SURGERY DATE.
alli E.
on 7/17/04 7:06 am - CA
I am here for you! I am 4 days post op and feelin great! U WILL BE FINE! Email me if you need anything!
Sherry Sonson
on 7/17/04 7:32 am - Valdese, NC
Valerie, You are going to okay, you are amongst friends here! The good thing is you are nornal and going through what we have gone through, my surgery is the 20th and believe me I have bit all my nails off he he You are in my prayers Friend!!! God Bless, Sherry
Sandy D.
on 7/17/04 7:32 am - Mascoutah, IL
Welcome to the group This is a wonderful place with very supportive people. My surgery is for July 20th, so right now I'm starting to get a wee bit nervous. Folks here are definately on your side and you can feel free to ask anything (even if it's embrassing (sp). Anyhow, congratulations on your date and keep us posted on your progress. God Bless, Sandy
Mary D.
on 7/17/04 7:36 am - Westfield, NJ
Dear Valerie, You have made a difficult decision...as each one of us has. Your surgery will change your life permanently. I am 4 days post op and doing well. I had tons of emotions coming up to my date. When it was all over all I could think was...Oh My GOD! I did it...I followed through and did this for myself. If you have any questions about what to expect I will be honest and happy to answer you. Hang in there.... Mary Dailey, New Jersey
LadyBug :.
on 7/17/04 7:54 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Valerie, Welcome to the best support board around . I'm one day ahead of you on the surgery list. We will be fine. I'm at peace with this. Not worried at all. Well, I guess a little, you see I was going to have this done on May 12th. and on May 11th my Doctor canceled it because I came down with Pneumonia I was so mad and depressed (for weeks) about it being canceled that if I can stay well (why I'm worried about it) till the 29 I will dance into the Operating room. Best of Luck to you and wishing you a fast recovery. Jean
melissab
on 7/17/04 7:54 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Welcome Valerie! Good for you, making this decision for yourself, and good for you for finding this site! I will say it has helped me IMMENSELY! I learn something new every single day. I read responses to other people's questions and get answers to questions that I hadn't even thought to ask yet (but surely would be here to ask down the road). I have such a good overall picture of what to expect at surgery due to this board. I have such a good overall picture of life long term postop because of this board. The kindness and warmth here is astounding! It amazes me that so very many people can come to one place, all with the intent to find support and end up giving so much more than they are asking for. Prayers are asked for daily from many members and always given. Well wishes on surgery dates are also a daily occurence and I can't believe this beautiful display of love and caring from complete strangers! It renews my faith in society! You are completely normal having a mixed bag of emotions. I am 11 days away (July 28) and am having my own fair share! Yet each day when I'm all wound up and have this anxiousness that makes my body tingle on edge (I want my surgery NOW darnnit! HAHA) I come here for a while (many times a day HAHA) and read other people's humoress banter, read people's inspiring profiles and read the current day's newbie preops posts. It inspires and calms me and is a salve right now for some very raw emotions. Again, welcome to the site! God bless you on your upcoming journey! You are gonna do GREAT Melissa
MarinaS
on 7/17/04 9:51 am - Small Town, WA
Welcome Valerie, You are among friends all experiencing the feelings you have. I know sometimes on these boards it seems like people have a lot of problems, but just remember those successful people who have had WLS and are not posting. They are out there experiencing life a lot lighter and with more energy. You will too.
Julianne L.
on 7/17/04 12:43 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Valerie! My name is Julianne, and I am new here also... I am having surgery, open RNY, on Monday, and I understand what you are going thru. Before you know it, the day will be here, and you'll begin your new life. Just remember that there are many people who have gone before you, and are on your side. They will give you the support and information needed to make the right choices from this point on. May God Bless you and your family, and may the days fly by! Julianne
JulesC
on 7/17/04 1:17 pm - Spring Hill, TN
Valerie - Tonight is my first time on the board too. It looks like a great place to be. My surgery is on the 27th, just ahead of yours so we will be going through this together!!! Good luck on yours!! Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views