Got home last Thurs afternoon

Katie P.
on 7/17/04 2:46 am - Orange Park, FL
Hi, Just wanted to update you all about my surgery.. At first, I was scared as HELL because of the needle part, and the unknown of the surgery as well... I was hypsterical at first, and of course, the anesthigican "put" me to sleep, and the surgery was only 45 minutes.. It was an open RYN, and I have UGLY 15 staples on my chest down to closer to my belly button. I had catheter on the surgery day, but it was removed next morning, and I was able to go bathroom on my own with no problem, however, I had the breathing tube into my nose for two days. Overall of it, I was doing a great process until the end as the xray showed no leaking, then I was released to go home at 2pm!!! Katie~
IrishIze
on 7/17/04 3:19 am - NJ
Congratulations on being on the losing side!! It sounds like you're doing well, and I hope you continue to recover easily!! Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing!! Hugs, Nancy
Lisa M.
on 7/17/04 3:30 am - Altoona, PA
I had my surgery July 9th it was also open rny. Mine took 2 hours and I have 29 staples. I cannot believe I did this!!! I have some depression over it, but I had depression beforehand. The one thing that amazes me I have not thrown up. I was nibbling ice-chips the day after surgery in ICU...everyone said IM doing great!!! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views