help

kristy D.
on 7/17/04 12:40 am - Farmers, CA
I had rny on july14th and I can't go # 2 i don't have no pain what so ever but I would like to go #2. What should I do?
ML
on 7/17/04 12:48 am - MD
I had my surgery on the 12th, and have not been yet either. it was a bit of a shock to my system as I used to be a regular " every morning" kinda gal. I spoke to the nurse co-ordinator at my doctors office on Thursday, as I was worried. She said give it a week, if nothing then I should call her and she will get somehting prescribed. I also posted a question about this on the MD message board - apparently this is quite normal- it can take up to a week. Some people have said even longer, because the pureed diet does not really have fiber. I have tried warm drinks walking, even prune juice- so far - nothing. So I am waiting....
kristy D.
on 7/17/04 12:52 am - Farmers, CA
thank-you for the reply, my surgeron told me the pain meds will make you constipated too. I'm not even a week out though so i will wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/04 2:14 am - Somewhere Else
I had my surgery on the 7th, and guess what...it ain't easy going potty The diet most of us are on post-op will cause constipation too...I've even had to go so far as to give myself a light enema because I just *needed* to go so bad one day...did I ever feel better after that. I'm lucky if I can void a little bit every few days...I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you, but if it goes on too long, then definitely talk to your doctor. Take care Linda
Nita A.
on 7/17/04 2:18 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thank you for posting this question. I will have my RNY next Friday, and never gave much thought to the #2 and now I know!! Thanks again!
Brandi H.
on 7/17/04 11:37 am - Sparta, IL
Hi all, I am about 2 weeks out and I will tell you that constipation may be playing a big part in it as well! You need to drink drink drink! Water should be your new best friend. You do not want to get too backed up or it could cause major problems. I had the same problem and after I drank a few extra glasses of water everthing came out fine LOL !!!!! Hugs, Brandi Open Rny 7-7-04 5ft 9in 283lbs
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/04 11:38 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I've been lucky...no constipation since the day I got home from surgery. My first week out, I was stuck running to the bathroom several times a day. Now that I've had protein shakes, I am just as regular as before. For everyone it's different...be glad you have a chance to heal before you have to wipe your own behind!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views