UPDATE for all the PREOPS

alli E.
on 7/16/04 11:21 pm - CA
I updated my profile! If anyone is scared or wanting to know what happens please check out my profile! I tried to remember everything! This helped me to know what to expect! Please please email me with Questions! i know what you are going through! 4 days post op! WAHOO! AND NO I DID NOT HAVE A CATHETER, NG tube, or wake up with a breathing tube either! I have a drain from the insicion though! It is not bad at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=W1086963639&NoStatic=1
IrishIze
on 7/17/04 1:05 am - NJ
Great update, Alice!! I am going in on Monday and on one hand I can't wait and on the other I am dreading it!! I have a good idea what it is like afterwards since I have had two cesareans and a hysterectomy, but every little bit of information is helpful!! Glad you are doing so well!!! Hugs, Nancy
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/04 2:18 am - Somewhere Else
Hey Nancy... I've had 2 C-sections too, and microtubalplasty (same incision as C-section, 3 hour surgery)....my WLS was MUCH easier to recover from...although, I didn't have much trouble with the other surgeries either...my first C-sections wasn't easy...ended up with infections in the incision both times too (after they removed the staples).... This bypass was easier than any surgery I've had though...or maybe I'm just becoming a seasoned patient You'll do fine on Monday...take care! Linda
Nita A.
on 7/17/04 2:15 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thank you for your post. I HATE NEEDLES, and cry like a newborn when I see them coming and what makes it worse is that they can NEVER find a vien. I am NOT looking forward to the needle part! Nita
NadineM
on 7/17/04 7:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats Alice, You are doing so good......Gald to hear it. I love Cedars too.....I used to work there about 10 years ago, great hospital. Thanks for sharing your story, I am 2 days away......Yikes.....! But all is well......talk to you soon, take care, Nadine
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views