HELP! Liquids for 3 days???

NadineM
on 7/16/04 4:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
OK, I am on liquids 3 day prior to surgery. I am bored already and don't really know what else I can eat. I have the chicken broth and onion soup, and jello and crystal light, and apple juice. But is there anything else??? Thanks for your help! Nadine
alli E.
on 7/16/04 5:18 pm - CA
popsicles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melissab
on 7/17/04 12:07 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Decaf coffee or tea. Iced tea. Hot chocolate. Not very filling but may help you not get sickened to death of crystal lite etc. Melissa
melissab
on 7/17/04 12:08 am - Hornell Heights, Ontario, Canada
Oh, nearly forget the best one! SLURPIES!!!!!!!!!!
IrishIze
on 7/17/04 1:08 am - NJ
Have you tried Fruit Refreshers? You can get them at Kmart or I get them at my local grocery store. They are 0 carbs, 0 sugar (sweetened with Splenda), 0 caffiene, 0 fat. I love the Strawberry Kiwi and the lemonade. Hugs, Nancy
Sherry Sonson
on 7/17/04 2:26 am - Valdese, NC
Hey Nadine, The Slim-Fast Low Carb is not real bad, I have been on liquids for 2 weeks and it does get boring, but I am so scared to put food in my mouth even though the Dr said I could have one high protein low carb meal per day, because I got a little sick and de-hydrated, make sure you get alot of water on top of all the other liquids because you san still get de-hyrated believe me. Sorry for ratteling on, God Bless and Good Luck, Sherry
LadyBug :.
on 7/17/04 2:43 am - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Nadine, You are so lucky your Doctor only has you on all Liquids for 3 days. My requires it 2 weeks before Surgery and 4 weeks after surgery. I'm into my 3rd. day. We are required to drink at least 5 Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar add) with a scoop of powdered Protein and 8oz's of 2% Milk a day. We also can have clear Broths, SF Jello, SF Popsicles, Crystal Light, 2 cups of weak Decaf Coffee or Tea, and water. I buy the Basic Kitchen Brand of Broth, it comes in a 32oz carton an has no fat and very low salt, very good. Comes in Beef, Chicken and Veg. Good Luck with your Diet and for a speedy recovery. Jean
Brandi H.
on 7/17/04 11:40 am - Sparta, IL
HI, Whatever you use as a liquid be sure to check the SUGAR content. Some of the slim fast drinks have alot of sugar! Good Luck and thank god my doctor did not require that!!!!! Brandi Open Rny7-7-04 Start 283lbs
Peggy G.
on 7/17/04 2:18 pm - Ventura, CA
Nadine, I'm due to begin my two day liquid diet before surgery on Monday. Just like you, I've been racking my brain to come up with a clear liquid that will keep my mind off of how hungry I am...and then it came to me.... the perfect answer....... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vodka! Hey, it's clear! (lol) Hang in there girl. You can do it. Peggy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views