starting to get nervous

Gale P.
on 7/16/04 11:14 am - Salisbury, MD
hi all...my date is coming up monday the 19th and i'm starting to get nervous. i was fine until yesterday when i got my ivc filter in. they had a little trouble in the OR with my vein and the procedure took 2 hrs. instead of 1 like it was supposed to. the whole time i was awake and could hear them talking so i knew something was wrong, but couldn't really hear what was being said. they finally had to call in another surgeon to find the vein. i'm telling you, i was so stressed by the time i got out of there i just wanted to cry. then i had to lay flat for 4 hrs and my back was breaking. the nurses tell me this can be worse than the surgery itself because of the laying flat. anyway, i was finally able to go home but had to either sit in a reclining position or lay on the sofa for the rest of the night. i was only allowed to get up to go to the bathroom or eat. so, now i'm more nervous about something going wrong on monday. i thought the filter would be a breeze. i've never really had any major surgery so i'm totally new to all the prepping, etc. that goes on in the hospital. just wanted to vent a little. i'll be sooo glad when monday is over and i wake up alive. if you all could say a few prayers for me i'd really appreciate it. thanks......Gale
Sherry Sonson
on 7/16/04 11:44 am - Valdese, NC
You got my prayers Gale God Bless, Sherry
Gale P.
on 7/16/04 9:27 pm - Salisbury, MD
thank you sherry. gale
Sherry Sonson
on 7/17/04 2:20 am - Valdese, NC
You are so welcome Gale !!!!!!! God Bless, Sherry
Cathy I.
on 7/16/04 1:23 pm - Shelby Township, MI
Hi Gale, Everything will be just fine. I am having mine on the 19th too. The hospital called today to say surgery was scheduled for 6:30AM!! I have to be there at 4:30. To me that is going to be harder than the surgery. You will do just great. I will keep you in my prayers. Meet you on the loser's bench next week. Cathy
Gale P.
on 7/16/04 9:29 pm - Salisbury, MD
thanks cathy.....good luck to you on monday too. i'll be praying and thinking of you. wow, you do go early. i'm scheduled for 11:00 so i don't have to be there till 9:30....more time to think about it...lol. keep me posted on your progress. gale
Mary D.
on 7/16/04 1:34 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Gale, You have every right to be nervous....let yourself feel what you feel. Your experience with the actual surgery will be totally different. You'll only be awake as they wheel you into the OR, transfer you to the table and talk to you for a few seconds....then you are TOTALLY UNAWARE of anything else until you awaken in recovery and it's DONE! The filter experience will not happen again. I am 4 days post op and Iwas nervous too. Now I'm just SORE! I will pray for you.... Mary Dailey
Gale P.
on 7/16/04 9:31 pm - Salisbury, MD
thank you mary....its always nice to hear from someone who has done it and been fine. good luck to you gale
Deejay
on 7/16/04 2:28 pm - Sparks, NV
my prayers are with you! I'm having mine on Monday as well and we will both do great! Hang in there!! Best wishes, Deejay
Gale P.
on 7/16/04 9:32 pm - Salisbury, MD
deejay.....thank you so much.....good luck to you monday also. there are so many of us on the 19th....it amazes me. gale
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views