Protein Shakes!

Great_Sphinx
on 7/16/04 10:32 am - Medina, OH
Ok peeps. I know that some of you are on feeding tubes and are under drs orders, so this isn't directed towards you, but some of you know that you need protein... I have been making a really yummy shake that gives you 490 calories and 39 grams of protein. I make two of these a day and I have almost all my calorie requirements and all my protein requirements. It just takes a while to finish one shake. You can premake these and drink it throughout the day if one shake is too much for you. Mmmm Anyway here is what I use: 1 Boost: High Protein 1 Scoop Whey Protein powder (I use one with 20 grams protein) 1/2 cup Breyers Carb Smart ice cream (It's made with splenda... yummy!) 1/2 cup water ... Blend until smooth Pour in large cup and let sit for a minute. Skim off foam (It's not bad for you... just annoying)
Nita A.
on 7/16/04 10:44 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thank you For the receipe I will give it a try!!
Mary D.
on 7/16/04 1:44 pm - Westfield, NJ
Dear Elisabeth, Your recipe sounds delicious! I am 4 days post op and had my first shake today. Extreme Smoothie Brand is ready to drink in flip top cans and DELICIOUS too... 35 grams of protein and only 170 calories compared to the 490. Thick and creamy and comes in many flavors. Praline Scream is like a caramel shake...YUM! I ordered them from BariatricEating.com I'll give your recipe a try! Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views