Needs some words of encouragement and prayers

Sandy D.
on 7/15/04 10:58 am - Mascoutah, IL
Good Evening, Well, I had my final appointment with my surgeon today and scheduled my pre-op for tommrrow. Everything is okie dokie and then my surgeon calls me around 5:30pm and tells me that they haven't received my paperwork from St. Louis University Cardiology and they will need that before my surgery on Tuesday. The Cardiologist will also need to indicate that when he said follow-up he meant after surgery, not before. They thought I had a Mitral Valve Prolapse and my echocardiogram shows I do not (which is good So, tommrrow first thing I will be trying to corral this paperwork and just pick it up myself (Isn't there a saying out there "If you want something done right, do it yourself ). I know I'm probably just being over dramatic or paranoid, but I have waited so long to have this surgery and have been poked and prodded more than I care to mention to qualify. Anyhow, Thanks for letting me ramble. Any prayers and words of encouragement that I will be able to make my date will be greatly appreciated.
Lu C.
on 7/15/04 11:19 am - Stockbridge, GA
Sandy, I had something similar to happen to me also and I did panic..no one realizes the crap that you have to do to get this done, so I feel for ya but yes you just do that tomorrow and that way you want have all weekend to be paranoid..not fun. I will be thinking of you let us know what happens. gOOD lUCK lu
Sandy D.
on 7/16/04 3:30 am - Mascoutah, IL
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, and I do agree that we have to go through alot of crap for this . Well, I got my echo report to my surgeon (Thanks to the wonderful folks at Referral Management) finished my pre-opt this morning and am all set to go
IrishIze
on 7/15/04 11:22 am - NJ
I hear you, Sandy!! I have never been so stressed in my life, trying to get all of the reports to the surgeon. The sleep study doctor actually had me in tears of frustration today. My surgeon's office is only open from 9 - 12 on Thursday and Friday, and as of noon today had not received the sleep study report. My surgery is scheduled for Monday morning, so I am just about frantic. Then when I called the sleep doc's office they told me he was in the other office. I called the other office and the service tells me they are closed today!! I called the first office back and they tell me his secretary will be in at 3 PM. I finally reached her and she told me she faxed the report to my surgeon at 12:30 this afternoon. First thing tomorrow I'm calling the surgeon to find out if they got it....jee****'s been soooo stressful! Hugs, Nancy
Sandy D.
on 7/16/04 4:36 am - Mascoutah, IL
Thanks for the supportive words, I hope everything turns out well with your sleep report. Everything turned out well with my cardiology report (Thanks to the wonderful folks in referral management). I double checked with my surgeon, had my pre-op stuff down today so all I have to do is get my exact surgery time on Monday, then show up on Tuesday. Let us know how everything goes with you.
Joanne H.
on 7/15/04 1:22 pm - chicopee, ma
well i will keep ya in my prayers and whatever happens is meant to be...i know it is easier said then done....but I do really believe that God has the final say when we are to have surgery or not....He has the blueprint which is far better than when i put matters in my own hands....good luck and hopefully we will see ya on the losing side soon.....Joanne
Sandy D.
on 7/16/04 4:41 am - Mascoutah, IL
I definately agree with God having the final say, so after initially getting upset I realized that if I didn't have this surgery that it is for a purpose and maybe this isn't the right path for me...fortunately, I was able to get my echo report to the surgeon, did my pre-op work today and am all set for my surgery on Tuesday Thanks for your prayers and remember me on the 20th
Kathy E.
on 7/15/04 1:35 pm - Bellflower, MO
Hey Sandy, I hear ya. It seems like there is always something else going on. Well hang in there. I am scheduled for surgery Monday the 19th. So I had my final consult and did pre-admit today. It was a very long and trying day. More blood work also. Thats 3 times. Good Grief!!! Well they should have plenty of it by now. lol Well keep up the faith and try to relax some, lol lol. You will do well and be healthy. It is meant to be!!! Kathy
Sandy D.
on 7/16/04 4:48 am - Mascoutah, IL
First of all congrats on your date, and I know what ya mean by theres always something else going (and funny, it always seems at the worst possible time ) Fortunately, I was able to get my echo report (Thanks to the wonderful people at Referral Management - I cannot thank them enough for helping me avoid ALOT of stress) I had my pre-op stuff done today (They have a hard time getting my blood so they had to stick me in my foot - alittle crazy but it got the job done ) Now I'm set for my surgery on Tuesday. Thanks for your encouragement, good luck on your surgery and I'll be saying a prayer for ya.
Monna W.
on 7/16/04 2:55 am - Susanville, CA
I had to have clearance from my pulmonolgist and cardiologist before surgery and they each told me they had sent clearance, but the surgeon didn't have them. Had to call several times. I do have a mitral prolapse and aortic stenosis and I had the surgery. I am doing fine!!! You will be well and come through just fine. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views