Start 2 week protein fast tomorrow

Nancy C.
on 7/15/04 8:21 am - Hersey, MI
My surgeon requires a 2 week fast with protein diet products. I start tomorrow so I am officially on my way to weight loss. I'm supposed to lose 15 lbs by July 30 my surgery date, and I've lost 7 so far. This is an emotional time, isn't it. I'm happy and nervous. Hope all are doing fine who have had surgery and those who go to surgery this month have an easy time and no complications. Nancy C
Diane D.
on 7/15/04 10:10 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hi Nancy, I am having surgery on July 27th and would like to know what kinds of things you can have on a protein fast? That sounds like a good idea. Diane
Nancy C.
on 7/16/04 12:21 am - Hersey, MI
Diane, the surgeons office requires us to buy these products and use them for 2 weeks before surgery and 4 weeks after. We buy them at the office but they are diet products like optifast but instead of a protein drink these mimic real food. I just ate the cream of tomato soup which has protein powders in it with dried powdered tomatoes. Not very good tasting but has to be done. I don't know any other way to get them but you really should ask your surgeons office about the weight loss. I'm supposed to lose 15 lbs before surgery. I've lost 7 so far so hopefully I'll lose more than that. It should make the surgery go better. I have to take vitamins with this stuff also.
LadyBug :.
on 7/15/04 2:55 pm - Nashwauk, MN
Hi Nancy, I too start mine tomorrow. I had my Pre-Op today. My Surgery in July 29th. I have to be on the all liquids for 2 weeks before and 4 weeks afterward. I did this in May for 2 weeks and the day before my surgery date of May 12th. it was canceled because I came down with Pneumonia. So be real careful and stay away from anyone with a cold. Jean
Nancy C.
on 7/16/04 1:07 am - Hersey, MI
Jean How much weight did you lose in the 2 weeks you were on the protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views