LESS THAN 20 HOURS 2 GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandnewmw30
on 7/15/04 3:20 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
I am so nervous!! I'm trying to get eveything together especially that dreadful letter! Can ny big sisters and brothers give me some advice and encoragement to get passed this hurdle? I feel like a twenty-headed seamonster and one head falls off each hour! Please keep me in your prayers and help me to get through this.
Alli G.
on 7/15/04 7:17 am - Troy, NY
Hey Teneaha..Try to find something to get your mind off of it, rent a movie, clean the house...find something to stay busy! Your jitters will go away! I feel the same too, I will be right behind you on Monday am! It helps when I look at the before and after photos, look at regular size clothes catalogs.. especially Victoria Secret's I am so uncomfortable right know, having a hard time breathing, sweaty, headache, and feel plain gross! I NEED this.. and so do YOU!!! Make a list of all the reasons why you are having the surgery, and then make a list of all the things you look forward to, maybe looking at it on paper will help? I dunno, just trying to help!! I wish you well and great success with your transformation into the "new" you!! You'll do fine! Be positive and hold your head up!! -Allison
jcordell
on 7/15/04 8:33 am - TX
Teneaha, my friend, what can I say to help you? First of all, STAY POSITIVE! When you freak out, think about life 6 months or a year from now. Call an old friend and talk. Welcome new members to AMOS. Whatever gives you some comfort. STAY BUSY...clean the house, or whatever keeps your mind occupied. Me, I organized my sock and underwear drawers by style and color! I can tell you, my house has never been CLEANER than the night before my surgery. Write your letters. Don't make them harder than need be. I had my surgery 8 days ago, and went into it with the most positive attitude imaginable. Did I still have complications? Yes. Did I have to spend two extra nights in the hospital? Yes. BUT, would I do it all over again? ABSOLUTELY! It is so worth it. Just know that you have the thoughts and prayers of all of us here at AMOS as well as your family and friends. You will do great! I can't wait to see you on the losing side!!! Keep smiling and keep the faith!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views